• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Charge Cables

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Charge Cables

The AT200 has a proprietary charge connector. This connects (via a standard USB port) into the supplied AC power adaptor that kicks out 2A at 5V

I can confirm that connecting said cable into a 1A adaptor and even a 500mA adaptor also charges the device (all be it takes longer to charge) and a standard PC USB port (which should be 500mA) also charges the device via this cable.

What does not work is charging the device via the micro USB port on the tablet either with a 2A, 1A or 500mA 5V supply. The device recognises the charger and claims to be charging but after 20 seconds, then goes back to displaying discharging.

As I need to use Toshibas cable and because these are not common place I would like to get another. Having spoken with Toshiba UK this morning though, it would appear that all accessories are at least a month away so in the meantime if I loose or break the one I have, my tablet is out of business.

Looking online it at pictures of the 10W charger available for the 7 inch Thrive, the connector looks identical to the one I have.

If this is indeed the case then that opens up the possibility of using Thrive 7 inch accessories with the AT200

So does anybody have the 7 inch tablet and if so, can you measure the size of the connector?

There is still the problem that I can't get that cable either in the UK but it's a step in the right direction

Failing that, if anybody has any bright ideas, shout out please

Thanks

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    I have a Thrive 7". I am currently at work, but if you PM me a reminder withyour email address, I will check it this evening and email you the info.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much for doing this

So it would appear that the cable on the Excite AT200 and the cable on the Thrive 7 inch are one and the same which opens up options between the 2 products for accessory sharing.

I just need to try and get my hands on one of these cables (or even the dock) now.

Again, thanks

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by M_A_R_K View Post
    Thank you so much for doing this

So it would appear that the cable on the Excite AT200 and the cable on the Thrive 7 inch are one and the same which opens up options between the 2 products for accessory sharing.

I just need to try and get my hands on one of these cables (or even the dock) now.

Again, thanks
    According to the Toshba accessory site, the Excite uses the same power adapter as the 7 inch Thrive.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    The USB charging spec, the stuff that allow above 500mah charging, specify that such cables should have shorted data lines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univer...rging_adapters

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine charges fine over USB, I'm using the very same charger I use for my phone, 1amp.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Toshiba exite A200 charging

Hi, I would be interested if you found a seller for thrive 7 charging cable.. Part Number: PA3996U-1CAB. It is only available on the Toshiba US website and only ship inside US.

Remove Ads

Ads