• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Will you be trading your THRiVE for an EXCiTE?

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i am sticking with my AT100 for awhile.

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster

Thrive religion

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgediver View Post
    If you are unhappy with your thrive, by all means go with another tablet and state why you are unhappy, leave it at that, don't try to sell it to us like you're trying to preach followers of a new religion

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    I think you are the one whose Thrive is your religion...

My options are open...
    and I was just giving you a whiff of what the scent of freedom really is...
    no matter, obsession with a particular object or gadget is unhealthy, and akin to idol worship...
    alas we have a lot of that in this world...

Daz, Apple had to open up to survive...

Google are traitors and hypocrites to the open software cause, and are doing the reverse of what Apple was forced to do, since Steve Jobs RIP took it over back in 1997...
    anyways these things go in cycle, but eventually it is freedom that wins...
    initially they mistrusted digital, now they are trying to acquire it and impose restrictions, next their restrictions will peter in their face, as they will stagnate...
    ponder: what you resist persists...
    this is an open world...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrau2000 View Post
    Daz, Apple had to open up to survive...
    How anyone can put "Apple" and "open" in the same sentence is beyond me. I have an iPod and an iTouch and unfortunately I use iTunes (so I can keep them up to date). That is the most closed, price-controlled system I've ever seen. If you don't do it Apple's way, you don't do it with Apple products.

And I don't know about Bildgediver, but I couldn't care less about Toshiba or the Thrive. When it no longer serves my purpose, I'll move on to what does. This is my first Toshiba product. So far I'm disappointed in Toshiba, but not in the Thrive. But, to be honest, I expected to be disappointed in Toshiba, so that is no big deal. Had I bought the Thrive to mod, load Linux to, etc., I would have bought something else. If it could not have been rooted from day one, I still would have bought it. It has not disappointed me in any way. If someone wants a Linux tablet, go buy a Spark.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    i'll wear this one out, and in a couple years tablets will have evolved with more power and upgrades, then see what's available.

this one's suiting my needs, for now. i tend to use my galaxy s2 more
    THRiVE 8gb, 64 sdxc
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Int'l Version 16gb, 32 micro sd

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster

mac os x and iOS exploits

Thanks DDAZ

Apple is like Microsoft the most hackable system on the planet...

ever heard of the Hackintosh? and the jailbreak of iOS products? they are tolerated by Apple...

never mind, as for Toshiba, I was a member founder of a startup company and they were interested in some of our products,
    they came to visit us from Japan with a team of engineers in Vancouver, BC (where our headquarters were based) back in 2000... (turned out to be a spy excursion for them)
    so I have direct experience with the guys... hence the strength of feelings...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrau2000 View Post
    Thanks DDAZ

Apple is like Microsoft the most hackable system on the planet...

ever heard of the Hackintosh? and the jailbreak of iOS products? they are tolerated by Apple...

never mind, as for Toshiba, I was a member founder of a startup company and they were interested in some of our products,
    they came to visit us from Japan with a team of engineers in Vancouver, BC (where our headquarters were based) back in 2000... (turned out to be a spy excursion for them)
    so I have direct experience with the guys... hence the strength of feelings...
    I can appreciate that. I guess I just make a distinction between the hardware and its general usefulness vs the management decisions that dumbs it down. Plus, I still don't understand why you upgraded to 0003 before rooting when we posted all kinds of warnings. I guess that irks me the most.

As far as jailbreaking, etc., being tolerated, I would hope so. They've already gotten your money and there is no competition for iOS. They also make a ton of money via iTunes control, etc. I do wonder though how many iPhone/iPad users steal cell data service from cell companies like so many Android users do. I also don't know how many iPad users pirate music and movies compared to Android users. Personally, I think the tolerance level pretty much matches the occurence level.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Lol, if kayaking is so tolerated, then how come each successive update breaks the jailbreak, so that the jacket who comes up with the jailbreak on the first place has to track the latest iOS update.

"hackintosh" as you so fondly call them, are so old that you cant compare them to modern laptops and desktops coming thrum Apple anymore. Know what was even more hackable? My original Motorola DROID, I still have it because it IS so hackable. Each successive phone that has come out by Motorola has been locked down, but that's Motorola's fault not Google.

If you truly want a completely open device that you can hack and flash to your hearts desire, get a Linux box, or get a Nexus device from Google.

You complain that Apple is more open than Google? Then try to install apps that aren't on iTunes if you haven't jailbroken, and compare that to installing apps on a nonrooted Android device. There is no comparison, because Google even applies competing markets for Android!

If Google weren't so open, there wouldn't even be an Amazon app store, a slideme mobile market, an appslib app store, etc....

Oh by the way, try getting an Archos, they even let you download thedeveloper firmware if you wish, no restrictions whatsoever. It basically loads a version of Linux (I forget which district, though). In fact that's the hack top get permanent root. I have a gen8 Archie 70 internet tablet with a 250 GB hard drive.

I was trying to say let's agree to disagree but honestly you are starting to piss me off.

As for my religion, no it's not my religion, in fact I will recommend an iPad to people if I think it will suit them better. The Toshiba thrive just suits my needs, thankfully.

Besides, I'm really intrigued by the new windows 8 that's coming out, well see what that does to the market and competition.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bilgediver; 03-16-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    danvee and aauthor like this.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Thread has gone way off topic.

Closing Thread...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Ads