• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Screen Size Question for owners of Excite13

I have a 10 inch Thrive that may be traded off for an Excite 13. My first tablet was an @Pad and the physical dimensions / screen ratio was very good for digitized standard sized hardcover books. I made the smart move and went on to the Thrive and the physical screen length was good but the width was narrow resulting in PDF's that wasted 1/4 of the top and bottom of the screen with a gray bar.

I really want to pull the trigger on one of these but the screen ratio problem of the Thrive has me concerned about the Excite. Can anyone measure out and provide the actual physical dimensions of the Excite 13 viewable screen area?

Thank you in advance.

2. Ads

darknite111
    removed
    Last edited by darknite111; 10-04-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow. Thanks for the reply - and with pictures no less!

You've confirmed my worry - the 6.6" width will probably result in weird sizes for my scanned book PDF files (many of them are 12" x 8"). I prefer single page viewing in portrait mode. Beautiful acreage on that screen though.

Remove Ads

Ads