• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KnipeDrums View Post
    Hi Everyone, i own a Toshiba Thrive 10" and love it, I also have the New Ipad 3. My son is Autistic and uses both of them, I would like to purchase one for work and just for work and was interested in the Excite 13. My fears are:

1)Toshiba website doesnt even list it as a product.
    I have one as they are avalible in Canada already. Love it, the screen is fantastic, sharp and as bright it not brighter than my thrive was.

2) I want to buy the Multi Dock but they dont seem to have it out yet, I want to know that they are comitted to the product.
    There will NEVER EVER be a Multi dock for the Excite 13, real simple reason, there is NO DOCK connector like the Thrive and Excite 10". All there is is a AC adaper port, There is no Dock conenctor on the device anywhere, so therefore no Dock can be made for it. I was amazed they messed up that way, but thats what they did, it even says in the manual that it will not charge over USB either. So No dock.

If someone knows or has information could you please advise, I really dont want to buy the 7.7 but I will buy the 10" Excite or another Thrive 10" if it comes down to this but I would love to get the 13" if its not been left for dead.
    Sorry if that puts you off from getting one. But the performance is great and it is a far better than the Thrive in performance and feel.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Strangely, Best Buy and Toshiba Direct have both removed the Excite 13 from their product catalog.... Is something going on with this tablet?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hard to say, I got mine is Canada, and they are still avalible there. I wonder if it did not get all the FCC/ISO/UL approvals for sale in the US. I find that hard to believe though because Canada's are more strict that the US.

I wonder if they just cannot make it in enough volume to cover the US market yet.

Shame, I love it, it better not be a cast off.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got an Excite 13 while on a trip to Canada. Future Shop seems to have quite a few and, interestingly, Amazon.ca has a few of both the 32 and 64GB units. Initial evaluation showed the unit was in perfect condition. I had it in my computer bag for a few hours and noticed the bubble problem reported by danvee. Applying pressure with the heel of my hand took care of most of it, and then after a few minutes, the bubble cleared. It has been OK since, but will keep an eye on it. It seems to be the touch membrane delaminating from the glass.

The color and resolution on this unit is fantastic. The graphics and touch response are extremely smooth. The wife uses it as a music reader with Mobile Sheets and it far outshines anything else out there. Just the sheer size of the scores makes much easier to use than the smaller tablets. I don't think it would be a good unit for musicians to use on gigs, though. The unit seems a bit fragile for that.

If Toshiba could stiffen the frame a bit, then it would be a tremendous unit.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have any more information about whether the Excite 13 is going to be launched in the UK? I've been desperate for a large tablet to use as a sheet music reader and have been keeping an eye on the Excite 13 for nearly 6 months now. I'm quite prepared to import one from Canada (assuming I can find a retailer through Amazon that will ship to the UK) but the complete lack of news on a product that was supposed to be out in June is worrying and makes you wonder if it's become vapourware...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads