• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jimfree

Thread: Toshiba Excite Pure doesn't turn on

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Toshiba Excite Pure doesn't turn on

My 10 inch Toshiba excite pure doesn't turn on when I press the power. Any ideas as to what steps to take. I remember the last time I used it the power level was quite high and this battery hasn't been draining very fast. The product is quite new but maybe out of warranty. What steps do you recommend from here.

I have a battery level indicator that turns on when I plug it in that doesn't turn on and you can feel the tablet get warm not hot when its plugged in.

2. Ads

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    well im confused now as to what could be happening. I plugged the Toshiba tablet into my computer and windows 8 didn't recognize. I thought that was because it needs to be turned on. Then the battery indicater light went on showing 48 percent power. I pushed power on while plugged into the desktop and the desktop kept saying on off on off on off as the Toshiba excite turned on. Would this now be an app issue, a hardware issue, or something else. I've had where they wouldn't turn on and when I plugged the Toshiba in a power ac outlet it would then turn on but never has it been this difficult to turn on.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Now as I press the power to turn it on the Toshiba screen flashes and when I let my finger off it turned black. I had to press the power on about 6 or 7 times before it would boot to the front page???

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Sorry, but I've got no experience with that model... Can't say that I've ever even seen one. Have you contacted Toshiba?
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Just a suggestion from experience with other devices. It could be that it is locked up somehow with a blank screen. That would make it appear to be off when in reality it is not. Have you tried holding down the on/off button for 15 seconds or so? Then try turning it back on. Don't know if you have already tried that but it is worth a try if you haven't.
    mcarver2000 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    jimfree looks to have hit it on the head. You had an app lock up your tablet. It probably happened while it was sleeping. When the device is in sleep mode, the switch is a "software" switch that wakes up the device. As the tablet was locked up by an app, the OS couldn't respond to the request to wake up. When the power button is held down for 15-20 seconds it turns into a hardware shutdown (just like on a PC that locks up).

If it happens often, it may be tied to a badly coded app with a memory leak. Sometimes if an app is running in the foreground and the device goes to sleep, the app can crash and cause the switch to stop waking up the device.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Remove Ads

Ads