• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By mcarver2000

Thread: AT300 UK Stuck on Language select screen.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

AT300 UK Stuck on Language select screen.

Hi all I have a Toshiba AT300 uk spec, I purchased it cheap for my wife when she visits hospital which is quite often, however it was factory wiped by the auction house for data protection prior to buying, now the system just hangs on the language select screen.
    Digitiser is accepting inputs as screen flashes and mark under finger/stylus.
    I have full access to the recovery options including SD Card but no matter what I select the system hangs at the same place.
    I have also got access to the file system via usb.
    I have tried the easy flash tool from dalepl but as it wont fully boot it hangs with waiting for device to boot error.
    Toshiba customer service has told me it needs to go to a certified repair agent to have OS re-loaded at a price, worthy of a new tablet, they wont even provide the latest update file to install. I have flashed many phones and routers in the past which all are still working, they must think of themselves as rocket scientists or something.
    Any help would be appreciated even if it is only to return to stock as i am aware of the rooting drama with this tablet.

PS: Thanks for moving to correct thread, was too many to choose from.

Cheers
    Smiler
    Last edited by smiler200; 03-09-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Thanks

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    If a standard Factory Reset doesn't work via recovery, Toshiba support is correct. They are the only ones that can help, as there are no tools to flash any ROM or OS for the AT300 in the wild.
    rosalie, danvee and smiler200 like this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Mac,
    Time to see what this repair company are like, they didn't fill me with confidence as flashing is something the are only just gelling into......
    Fingers Crossed
    Smiler

Remove Ads

Ads