• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: External SD (micro-sd in an adapter) inaccessible after sleep

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question External SD (micro-sd in an adapter) inaccessible after sleep

Hi!

I've been having trouble with my SD card files becoming inaccessible following my excite 10 going to sleep and waking up.

The only solution seems to unmount the card, taking it out and re-inserting it..

Does anyone have a solution for this?

thanks!

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Is this something that started recently? Is this a new micro sd card? Have you tried another micro sd card or another adapter? Have you tried a full size card and see if you have the same problem?
    From what I understand, micro sd card adapters don't play well with the Excite or the Thrive for that matter. Personally, I have never even tried to use one
    since I read so many bad things about it on this forum.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Actually, the Excite is micro only. It is possible that something is corrupted on the card. You may want to back it up and reformat it. The other thought -- if there are a lot of media files, a decent added app may be locking it out while in generates its own media scan.

Does the card show as mounted in the notification or Settings - Storage?
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is something that started recently. It is pretty new. I tried with other adapters same result. haven't tried with full sized yet. and to the second response, The slot is full sdhc so I doubt the excite is "micro only" as you say. I did have trouble (different - the micro sd lost it's correct size and basically died) with the same brand before and I did reformat the card (twice even). didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGeek View Post
    Is this something that started recently? Is this a new micro sd card? Have you tried another micro sd card or another adapter? Have you tried a full size card and see if you have the same problem?
    From what I understand, micro sd card adapters don't play well with the Excite or the Thrive for that matter. Personally, I have never even tried to use one

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    I can't keep the 5 different Excites straight.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldGeek View Post
    Yep. It's a known issue with the Thrive, and not unusual to find it with various tabs (and even digital cameras).
    Too inconsistent to get a definite feel for which combinations will or won't work.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    I thought the Excite came only with microSD. Full-size is darn awesome!

Try a full-size card. We know the Thrive doesn't like most microSD cards in adapters.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    That was my impression as well. I just checked the specs on all Excite versions, and I can't find one that isn't micro card only. Perhaps the OP is using a USB card reader?

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I thought the Excite came only with microSD. Full-size is darn awesome!

Try a full-size card. We know the Thrive doesn't like most microSD cards in adapters.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    No USB reader. Got full size SD card slot on my at300 Toshiba excite. I'll check with a full size card and update.
    Thanks

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    That was my impression as well. I just checked the specs on all Excite versions, and I can't find one that isn't micro card only. Perhaps the OP is using a USB card reader?
    There is an Excite 10LE AT205 - dual core (dog slow) with MicroSd, The Excite 10 AT300/305 - Tegra 3 Quad with full SD, and the Excite 10SE AT305SE - Tegra 3 Quad with MicroSD. I still haven't seen any difference between the 300 and the 305. I read somewhere it was supposed to have something to do with region. But I have bought both retail here in the US so who knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads