• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Amazon Prime Instant Video plugin for XBMC on Toshiba Excite AT300

So far, I have not been able to get the Amazon Prime Instant Video plugin from the Bluecop repository to work with the latest XBMC build (Frodo) on my Toshiba Excite AT300 tablet running Jellybean. I was able to get it to work on my mom's Viewsonic gTablet. Sigh. Anyway, since the log documenting the failure is under /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc... , I've found that this directory is restricted even from read access, so I cannot even get to the log. And then to replace librtmp.so which is one of the recommended solutions but is also under /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc seems to mean I am out of luck.

If there is anyone out there in a similar situation as me but was able to get the Amazon Prime Instant Video plugin working, please let me know. Thanks! I guess the bright spot is that a nightly build of XBMC does have the Amazon plug-in working, but I did get some sporadic behavior from the nightly build...

I think this is the last time for me to buy a Toshiba tablet...

2. Ads

RKL
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Overall I am pleased with the Thrive, but like you disappointed that several apps I want to use do not work. Like you next time Toshiba will not be the first tablet or other device to consider because of not being able to use it when you want for other apps to work.

Good luck to all.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    359 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RKL View Post
    Overall I am pleased with the Thrive, but like you disappointed that several apps I want to use do not work. Like you next time Toshiba will not be the first tablet or other device to consider because of not being able to use it when you want for other apps to work.

Good luck to all.
    RKL,
    Not sure if All apps are compatible with ALL tablets.
    Which apps are you having trouble with not working on your Thrive?
    We are here to help you enjoy your Thrive as much as the rest of us.
    Dennis
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "Quitting is Not an option"

RKL
    Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    Thanks Dennis,

The problem is that the apps that aren't developed for the Thrive yet are the ones that I cannot use. For instance, we just switch our cable company to Optimum, well you know we were on with Optimum's tech people and after awhile the tech decided that Optimum is working on updates to other companies tablets and the Toshiba is one that will be added in the future. He did not have a timeframe.

That is the main app. Thanks for your reply.

Ads