• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Post I reset and put the Nexus 7 in a drawer today...Winner: Excite 10 AT305!

After using and comparing the Excite 10 AT305 with the Nexus 7 for a few months I have come to the conclusion that I will continue to actively use the Excite.
    I know everyone is all into JB and all, but I like the user experience of ICS better on this tablet and enjoy the added features that the Excite 10 AT305 brings.

I don't even care about the form factor anymore. I just want the tablet that works and does what I want it to without having to resort to rooting. (and has an SD card slot)

It's baffling to me how the Excite 10 AT305 keeps such a low profile as it is an extremely great tablet in so many ways.
    oh wait, it's not baffling at all....they priced themselves out of the game and didn't market the thing for crap.

Despite that, I'm glad i picked the thing up. it's awesome.
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Toshiba Excite 10 AT300

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Once it gets down to Thrive -like pricing (in 6 months or so) I might look to pick one up.
    Looks like a nice piece. Never tried one, as none of our local Staples or BB even carry it.
    Typical Toshiba non-marketing.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    I was thinking the same thing but I'm not sure I can buy another android device from toshiba. They simply don't know what they are doing with the platform. The hardware is exactly what I want but they just don't know how to make it work properly with the os. Other companies seem to be able to get it right like Asus but not toshiba. I may wait for windows 8 slates or see what the 10 in nexus has to offer, but unless I can score one for a couple hundred bucks and they release jb for it, I will stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Once it gets down to Thrive -like pricing (in 6 months or so) I might look to pick one up.
    Looks like a nice piece. Never tried one, as none of our local Staples or BB even carry it.
    Typical Toshiba non-marketing.

life is better with root and ICS.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    It kills me that they thought enough to put an essentially stock OS image on the thing, but then negated that coolness by locking the thing down while seeming to simultaneously ignore it.

It's nuts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Toshiba Excite 10 AT300

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Re: I reset and put the Nexus 7 in a drawer today...Winner: Excite 10 AT305!

Nexus 7 has been sold.
    No more nexus devices for me man.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Toshiba Excite 10 AT300

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Toshiba Excite 10 SE has more pixel front camera (2 m vs 1.2 m) , more pixel rear camera (5 m vs no) , higher height (7 inch vs 4.72 inch) , wider width (10.3 inch vs 7.81 inch) , thinner depth (0.35 inch vs 0.41 inch) ,

its official page:Excite Tablet Computers | Toshiba
    Meanwhile GOOGLE Nexus 7 by ASUS has lighter weight (0.75 lbs vs 2.2 lbs) , more delicate ppi (215 vs 149 )
    its official page:Tablet & Mobile - Nexus 7

I personal prefer to Toshiba Excite 10 SE.

Other interesting reference link:
    Toshiba Excite 10 vs Google Nexus 10 - Phone specs comparison
    Last edited by danvee; 04-14-2014 at 07:11 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads