• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Excite sd slot?????

ok i want a toshiba excite 10 love the fact it has so many ports usb hdmi full size sd card slot.now i dont know to much about sd cards i know the excite can take a 128gb sd card. which is the best to get i want a class 10 with good speed been looking at some like sandisk and lexar on amazon i saw two diffrent lexar (128gb speedx133,128gb speed 400) but the prices wasnt to difrent could someone let me know which one to get i dont want nothing below 128gb like i said before dont know to much about sd cards i know you can store videos and pics on the card can you store apps as well?

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1932 times
    As for which. Get the fastest one you can afford. On the Thrive' SanDisk has been problimatic. that is not to say the same holds true for the Excite. I use a Centron 64gb on both my Thrive and my Excite and have no issues. The Excite does not support apps to sd, but unless you are really app crazy, this should be no issue. On the Excite, there is no limit beyond your actual memory for app.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1290 times
    Be advised that at least 1 member seems to have a problem with his 128Gb card draining the battery because it appears the Excite is always scanning for new media. He does not have the same problem with his 32Gb card and I'm happy to hear Paul also does not have the problem with his 64Gb card. Might just be an isolated problem, but I thought I'd mention it.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Agreed. I am about 95% certain it is 128GB cards. Others seem fine. Be nice to get other 128 user reports to confirm.
    Last edited by rushmore; 06-10-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
    agreed. I am about 95% certain it is 128gb cards. Others seem fine. Be nice to get other 128 user reports to confirm.
    what brand did you use?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    as for which. Get the fastest one you can afford. On the thrive' sandisk has been problimatic. That is not to say the same holds true for the excite. I use a centron 64gb on both my thrive and my excite and have no issues. The excite does not support apps to sd, but unless you are really app crazy, this should be no issue. On the excite, there is no limit beyond your actual memory for app.
    yeah im app crazy gon have to get a 64 gb then

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFHARLEM View Post
    what brand did you use?
    Away on trip at moment. Do not remember brand, but have gold labels, FWIW. Will look when return.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I too would like to hear about SD cards that others have found too be good. i usualy get Sandisk cards, or Kingston for my camera, and have no issues. I have 4 and 16 gb Sandisk cards with no problems on my AT300. But I require little from my cards as they have only txt, pdf, jpg and some mp3 files on them. I tried one mp4 on the 16g card and it tested okay but did not watch the entire movie.
    I have no idea if I need class 10 for movies; anyone know?
    BTW, ebay is a good source....and also for those small plastic cases for SD cards if you use multiple cards as I do.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1290 times
    Quote Originally Posted by huh2 View Post
    I too would like to hear about SD cards that others have found too be good. i usualy get Sandisk cards, or Kingston for my camera, and have no issues. I have 4 and 16 gb Sandisk cards with no problems on my AT300. But I require little from my cards as they have only txt, pdf, jpg and some mp3 files on them. I tried one mp4 on the 16g card and it tested okay but did not watch the entire movie.
    I have no idea if I need class 10 for movies; anyone know?
    BTW, ebay is a good source....and also for those small plastic cases for SD cards if you use multiple cards as I do.
    Someone is always posting good deals on cards and others typically chime in with their experiences, so you just have to read the threads.

You generally won't go wrong with a full-sized Class 10 card, but almost any class full-size will probably work fine. Some will tell you that the Thrive's design will keep you from taking advantage of Class 10 speed, and that's true, but unless a lower class card is significantly cheaper, why not spring for a little extra,especially if you use them in other devices that may use the speed?

While micro cards w/adapters work fine for some, the forum is full of posts where they simply didn't work. So buy at your own risk.

It's your money, but I intend to keep buying Class 10 cards whenever they are on sale. I have used Class 4 and Class 6 as well without problems.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have been using two 64 gb Komputerbay class 10 SDXC cards with good results. They are $39.99 on Amazon.

The full size SD card is one of my favorite things about this tablet (I came from a motorola xoom).

Ads