• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Toshiba Excite 10 SE (AT300SE) root [SOLVED]

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so ...if u change the ROM it will be possible?
    Please suggest a custom ROM for it

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by hareshonr View Post
    so ...if u change the ROM it will be possible?
    Please suggest a custom ROM for it
    Probably not, and none can be used on the excites, only thrives. The excite is locked up.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    srooks_1976
    Today, i did a "Factory Reset" on my AT300SE, and good news is, it's still alive. Did not brick or anything foolish happened.
    After factory reset, it's still rooted.

Sent from my AT300SE
    panda likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

I have an Excite 10SE and I have been at this for a few hours, however I can not get motochopper to say "device found" as it does in your pic. I have the drivers, and have restarted both my PC and tablet. I have the USB debuggin on, but motochopper just stops at "daemon started successfully" any ideas? kind of a rooting newb here. Thanks!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Honestly, i've no idea why that error occurs. I've encountered it with adb also. Try killing the adb.exe process or running adb kill-server in command prompt, unplugging the usb and plugging it back in, and running motochopper.
    Doing something similiar to the above worked for me for fixing the hanging on daemon started successfully.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjschenk View Post
    Hello,

I have an Excite 10SE and I have been at this for a few hours, however I can not get motochopper to say "device found" as it does in your pic. I have the drivers, and have restarted both my PC and tablet. I have the USB debuggin on, but motochopper just stops at "daemon started successfully" any ideas? kind of a rooting newb here. Thanks!
    The most likely cause is that the ADB drivers are not installed on your PC.

There's a link for them in the forum. They're also available on the Toshiba support site.

Sent from my AT270 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been member here since my thrive days following you guys and learning. Great work on the excite. I've been satisfied with the excite but I enjoy rooting all my android devices for the control and customizations. This one makes me nervous though. The one thing I would like to be able to do is ad block. With this method could I use ad away or set it up to block the hosts successfully? I can't stand all the popup crap in my kids games. Thanks guys for the work when most have given up and accepted Toshiba as their ruler.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by bull5hit View Post
    I've been member here since my thrive days following you guys and learning. Great work on the excite. I've been satisfied with the excite but I enjoy rooting all my android devices for the control and customizations. This one makes me nervous though. The one thing I would like to be able to do is ad block. With this method could I use ad away or set it up to block the hosts successfully? I can't stand all the popup crap in my kids games. Thanks guys for the work when most have given up and accepted Toshiba as their ruler.
    You can if you have the Excite SE, if its not an SE then you can't yet.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. I've looked at this before. I got it at Best Buy when I bricked my thrive(tried to partion sd card thru cwm. Lesson learned.) when they first came out. I think it is not an SE. I looked for an answer but it may be t0o obvious for anyone to have asked. Would the model number reflect if its an SE or is in a serial? My model is just AT300 so I'm assuming its just that. Thanks again. Sorry for a noob sounding question. Just hoping.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    srooks_1976
    Quote Originally Posted by sjschenk View Post
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by shaneod View Post
    Honestly, i've no idea why that error occurs. I've encountered it with adb also. Try killing the adb.exe process or running adb kill-server in command prompt, unplugging the usb and plugging it back in, and running motochopper.
    Doing something similiar to the above worked for me for fixing the hanging on daemon started successfully.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    It's working with excites (se only, atm). If you have an excite(se), it will work unless you have made any mistake at any point.
    OP includes installation instructions for adb drivers, it's a bit tricky, it also took me a few minutes to get on the track.
    But when you've managed to do it, it's just a click away (but you must proceed according to the instructions).

I've rooted my AT300SE without any problem and it's not temp-root, it's permanent.
    Even after a factory reset, device is not only rooted but also has read-write acess to device's root.

Sent from my AT300SE

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads