• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: State of Development - Works in Progress

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Twitter
    mrbrendel

State of Development - Works in Progress

Hello everyone. I just wanted to update you on some beta projects that I am working on behind the scenes related to our beloved Thrive. I am always looking for mods, tweaks, and cool things that will improve our tablet. So here is a little list of things that I am currently working on in my free time. Please remember that I do this in my spare time and I don't have a whole lot of that between my family and work but I promise to make every attempt to deliver the goods

ROMs
    • I will continue to update and support my HoneyBaked ROM including a 2.6.36 kernel with OC/UV, NTFS, CIFS, and some other goodies
    • I am currently working with a member of Team EOS / Tiamat on that kernel and will start a port of the Team EOS ICS Rom(AOSP) for the Xoom afterwards
    • I am going to stop working on the CM9 Xoom kang for the time being. I will DEFINITELY pick that back up when we get an official ICS build for Toshiba
    • I also plan to release a ROM immediately after Toshiba gives us ICS.
    Kernel
    • I am working with a member of Team EOS on the kernel listed above from our current GPL package.
    • After an in-depth review of our current source, there is a lot more in there than just the kernel. Hopefully there will be enough in there for an ICS kernel, but by the time I get around to that, Toshiba may have already released ICS. We'll see.
    Recovery
    • No immediate plans at the moment BUT there are some issues with the current CWM 5.x build we are using so I will likely compile a different version of that. I also really want to port a touch recovery and the Aroma installer! It should not be too hard as I already use it on my HTC Vivid.

Don't forget to check back from time to time to check my progress. I will update you as I accomplish things.
    Kyogre and disciple420 like this.
    -=MY DEVICES=-
    Toshiba Thrive 8GB | HTC Vivid

If you like my work, please consider supporting my caffeine addiction

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Great Tim!
    You're one busy guy.
    I really like the work that you've done with HB.
    I'm especially interested though in the improved CWM. I find that backing up/restoring is hit-or-miss at best using a number of different Sandisk and Transcend cards of different speeds and capacities. That's why I don't sample and swap the different ROMs as I would if it functioned reliably.
    What issues are you seeing?

Thanks, and good luck!
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Sounds great! Thanks for the update

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Sounds awesome timmytim - can't wait -

From my HoneyBaked Thrive with Tapatalk 2
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Sounds awesome, I use the Team EOS rom you are working to port, on my sons xooms and it is as nice of a rom as I have ever used; I believe they are the best at what they do and if you are working with them, you are working with a truly brilliant group of people. I am looking forward to seeing what you are able to accomplish and have the upmost respect for anyone who takes their time to do this type of work. I used to be very big into building blackberry hybrids and spent hundreds of hours working on them, it was a labor of love/addiction , so I know some of what you are going thru. I would love to learn how to build these type roms, but I don't have enough background in Linux to grasp everything that it takes at this time, maybe in the future I can teach myself that again. I thank you for your dedication to this project and will gladly support you in any way I can. Thanks for your update and I can't wait to see what comes of this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    bgrau2000 likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    @inabster
    greetings and salutations, timmytim ()

While you are at it,

can you look up how to implement 3g usb modem capability on the wifi only Thrive?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Can't wait to see your ics port... Loving this 1.2 rom on my thrive.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    ceabbott2
    Timmytim,

Awesome work it is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your tireless efforts.

Charles
    Rooted Toshiba Thrive thanks Dale.....Running Htk55d.31.5.0003 OOM ROM

Rooted HTC Evo3D, Running Team Warm's 2.3, Rooted OG Evo4G.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    This rom runs as if it came with the machine plus overclocked..keepup the good work....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    JB-cm10-Kuroikaze Shinka b-21 Rom & tweaked w/pimp my rom

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times
    Hey timmytim-just wondering if you still plan on updating honeybaked rom? I have been running it since your first version and would love to see some more -just curious -I know you are doing a lot already -

From my HoneyBaked Thrive with Tapatalk 2
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads