• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: [ROM]{PORT} Sony Tablet S ROM

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    I flashed the ROM and GOOD work! Titanium backup dl from play store will not run. However, I also use System Tuner, and dl it from Play Store and it works well. I keep two backups, one with TB and one with ST. I restored TB with a ST backup and TB now works. I restored several apps from both TB and ST backups and found no issues. There are some Sony apps included with the ROM that will not run. I downloaded several apps from Playstore with mixed results. Vgeezy cmt about the buildprop file makes sense. But if you make it emulate a Sony too much, then will there be reverse problem, i.e., Play store apps will dl and work but the restored apps from a Thrive based backup will not? Vgeezy GPS fix works great. Locked with 7 satelittes in about four minutes the first try.

I did notice that the install does not wipe the internal SD. Was this by design? But then again, I did a CWM factory reset, cache wipe, and dalvik cache wipe and reflashed and the SD Card still did not wipe? I am going to play with this some more. I thought I was dreaming!!

Short review but maybe something useful. I can do a much more in depth review of apps.....app by app if you think it would help you at this stage. I think that would be more valuable if I wait for your revision of the buildprop file.

EDIT:
    1. Wifi OK connect but no indicator light.
    2. File Transfer app does not see external sd
    3. DL from Play Store that run OK
    Root Explorer
    Tapatalk
    System Tuner
    4. Sony apps that don't work
    Help Guide
    Account Manager
    All the Sony Media apps that require account manager
    PS Store errors out
    Select App no action
    Video unlimited FC
    5. Sound volume must be all the way up to hear
    6. ES File manager no root

Did a complete reflash and flash does not wipe internal SD storage.
    Also did a CWM reset and reflash, still SDstorage intact. I guess I thought that a factory reset wiped ALL data to include the internal SD.?

EDIT2: Flashed the Shiva kernel, stock root by dalepl. All runs great.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jestull; 05-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    iandyT likes this.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    There it's a problem with the least update of TB, it is force closing on the THRiVE. Rolling back to the previous version works.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I wanted to give this a go and try to link it with my PSN account for some testing on that end, but the download link seems to be broken. I'm sure this is just temporary, but are there any mirrors?

[edit] finally able to download it. So far this runs pretty smooth, getting an error trying to access the PS store, so far everything else works.
    Last edited by moxlon69; 06-02-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    ----- If it's not modded, it must not be mine -----
    HTC Hero CDMA / CM7
    HTC Hero CDMA / NFX Stock (Modified)
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus / BlackICE #39
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / Rooted OOM
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / HoneyBaked 1.3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 / Rooted

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Other than the known issues, this seems to run very well. For me, it boots fast, in just under 30 seconds, compared to around a minute or so on a lot of the other roms. I didn't have issues with titanium backup, but I also didn't restore data for most of the apps. I didn't have much time to check into it or to try and pull logs, but I did notice that certain 'network' apps have a problem communicating. HD Widgets would refuse to pull
    weather data. I had to manually set my location for it to pull the data, and then it would refuse to update the data (requiring me to keep manually setting the location, even though the location was saved). I would say
    that this might be GPS related, except that on a stock rom, it keeps my weather updated regardless of the state of GPS (I leave it turned off). I got error 8008103f on the PS Store, which I couldn't find reference to online, but since I can't even get to the point where I can enter any account information, I will assume that this is a failure to communicate with sony's server, or a failure to authenticate the device itself?

Just need to find a way to attach an IR blaster to this and make it work with Sony's remote control app.
    HTC Hero CDMA / CM7

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I think the remote app won't work no matter what you do Tim, it's inferred and I don't think the thrive has that built in.the Sony tab does have inferred I used it before.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I was just making a generalized comment about adding the hardware and hacking the software to work with it (a pipe dream at best), but there are other alternatives, I just like Sony's implementation.
    HTC Hero CDMA / CM7

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Any more update timmytim? Just asking

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    +1
    Will be great to see another update for this ROM.
    Thanks.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

sony s tablet

I just picked up one of these sony s tablets. Its pretty cool don't like it as well as I like my thrive. I put the prerooted ICS on it a couple of days ago its nice being able to play with ICS. It would be cool to see a rom port of it working on the thrive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads