• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    907 times
    Toshiba Repair Depot.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got my glass in, as promised. The part was well packed and looks good. I will try installing tonight

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by z_mikowski View Post
    Just got my glass in, as promised. The part was well packed and looks good. I will try installing tonight
    I have installed the glass per revco's instructions. I can see why they include the bezel - it is quite easy now. You no longer need the sponges, just the one part. The camera cable had to be reseated, and I do have a few flecks dust between the glass and the lcd. I made a diagram to track where each screw went, and reassembly was pretty easy. If you are fairly good with your hands, I would recommend this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Congrats, you've been waiting a long time to get this done.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have installed the glass per revco's instructions. I can see why they include the bezel - it is quite easy now. You no longer need the sponges, just the one part. The camera cable had to be reseated, and I do have a few flecks dust between the glass and the lcd. I made a diagram to track where each screw went, and reassembly was pretty easy. If you are fairly good with your hands, I would recommend this.
    Outstanding..! I just ordered the part; it'll be here Friday and I'm going to do this on Saturday afternoon. Do you have a link to your diagram? Any other tips from your recent experience? Cheers!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Thanks for this! I cracked my screen and damaged the bezel and ordering the whole top assembly for cheaper than parts depot made my day. It's currently $165 on Impact.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I paid $195 for my replacement glass. Got it here I heard there are generics out there since this is so expensive. Mine arrived sealed from Toshiba. Maybe you should make sure your getting genuine before you dish out that kind of money. Just a thought.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Great going,Gives everyone else hope if we should have the problem . I pray none of us crack our screens. Thanks for the up dateimagesCA8N8WR1.jpg

Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Ads