• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Freedompop USB stick, $19.99 + $5 shipping from Woot

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times

Freedompop USB stick, $19.99 + $5 shipping from Woot

Bolt 4G USB Modem

Previously discussed as working on the Thrive, and the Nexus 7 too. Five hundred megs of data free every month!

Freedompop / Clearwire Ubee 4g Stick / Bolt - Works on Thrive

Argh, should I just get one anyway, or try to sell my wife on this before the deal undoubtedly sells out?
    Last edited by panda; 07-26-2013 at 01:11 AM.
    rosalie likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I'll give it a try, $24.99 to increase the knowledge in "the little gray cells" seems reasonable to me.

Signature....I don't need no stinking signature.....
    Toshiba Thrive 10" Build IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted
    Toshiba Thrive 7" Build HTK55D.31.5.0008 {has charging problem}

I got 2 Thrives and I'm doing a 2-Step "Happy Dance"!

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Thanks Panda for sharing this.
    As I'm a sucker for this kind of tech toy, so I ordered one. Heck, I've spent $24.99 for something more worthless than this.
    Last edited by GrumpyOldGeek; 07-26-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    Walking_Corpse likes this.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    67 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ripple View Post

But you have a signature. Just sayin'.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax
    I wasn't going to get it after reading some of the stuff about FreedomPop gotcha fee's and then today they dropped the price to $9.99 which made it only $16.23 with tax & shipping.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Thanks for the heads up on the price drop! I think that drops me below the safe threshold where I can buy it, let it arrive, then tell my wife it was just $10.
    rosalie likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the price drop! I think that drops me below the safe threshold where I can buy it, let it arrive, then tell my wife it was just $10.
    WHAT!
    I better cancel my order and order it again. That's 10 bucks towards another tech toy.

OK, I just sent them an email asking for a refund or at least a credit since I ordered the product the same day of the price drop. This is my first time ordering from Woot and they're response will determine
    if I order anything again.

Well, I see they already hit my credit card. This might get ugly.

UPDATE: All is well, I got an email confirming credit will be issued to the original payment method. I'll be back for more toys.
    Last edited by GrumpyOldGeek; 07-26-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    rosalie and SteveCampsOut like this.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Woot in the past has automatically credited back the difference. They're really good about keeping customers happy.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I got the following email from WOOT. Great customer service!

"Dear Gentle Customer,

Haveth thy noticedest thath- WOW, that's hard to do! How did Shakespeare manage it? Look, let's skip all that flowery corporate talk and get right to the point: you're getting some money back today.

That's right! Hooray! The long version is that you recently bought the FreedomPop PXU1960 Bolt 4G USB Modem and, after you did, we dropped the price. And that's not fair to you, is it? You would have waited if only you knew! And we agree. And that's why we're making it right.

You'll be seeing $10(per quantity ordered) on your credit card very soon. We're sorry for the hassle, but we think you might forgive us just this once, right? After all, you just scored an even BETTER deal than you were expecting!

Prithee, anon, adieu, Verona, Your sweet admirers at Woot.com'

mcarver2000 and rosalie like this.
    Toshiba Thrive 10" Build IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted
    Toshiba Thrive 7" Build HTK55D.31.5.0008 {has charging problem}

I got 2 Thrives and I'm doing a 2-Step "Happy Dance"!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    I just found this in the discussion thread, posted four hours ago:

Hey, photoagent, we talked with the FreedomPop people. Seems that page was from an old email campaign for a retailer. They didn't even realize the page was still live and they took it down. That's why I deleted the post with the link. I knew someone would post about it though. Wooters never let me down.

So, to make amends, we're lowering the price on that item to $9.99. This is a one time pricing. Can't guarantee we can offer it in the future.

If you already ordered, that money will come flying back to you soonish.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads