• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: [ROM] Kuroikaze Shinka CM10

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1889 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

[ROM] Kuroikaze Shinka CM10

Ok the final release of the mixed up Kuroikaze line, Kuroikaze Shinka. This supercedes and replaces the previous Kuroikaze thread HERE

Back to basics, this is back to a CM10 based ROM as it was always intended to be, no more various test source builds, this is and always will be a CM10 based ROM.

So what about this ROM?

Uses the current CM10 Unified build trees
    Uses Balthesaur kernel 2.75L
    Uses current CM10 source
    Built using Linaro toolchain 4.7 and Google GCC
    Kernel built with -O3 and various tweaks
    ROM built with -O3 and various tweaks
    Acid Audio Mod with Awesome Beats
    Sleeper Entropy
    New transition animations (no more boring google animations)

Update:
    Due to the various hosting issues, links are now updated to working versions hosted at androidfilehost.com and dev-host. Because of this previous versions are now missing from the downloads section, with the last stable version B25 being left.
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 01-02-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1889 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Change log:
    From last release =

B20
    Updated to U5 sources
    Updated to Balthesaur 2.75
    Moved to Linaro toolchain 4.7
    Activated -O3 and various tweaks in kernel and ROM source build
    Acid Audio mod + Awesome Beats
    Sleeper Entropy mod (init.d version)
    Slight dalvik tweaking
    New transition animations

B21
    Removed the apps I had included previously, they didn't like being installed the way they were
    Fixed a reported issue with headphone routing (again)
    Mods in full effect

B25
    Kernel: Balthesaur 2.80
    Autogroup
    slab to slub allocator
    zcache
    zram
    zsmalloc
    CONFIG_SND_RAWMIDI=y
    removed some ubuntu only stuff to lighten up the kernel a little
    Voodoo Audio

ROM:
    Seeder
    AC!D audio
    XLoud
    Supercharged
    Die Hard launcher
    init.d memory tweaks
    time killer killer mod
    maximum overdrive mod
    service preserver
    transition animations

B32:
    Long lost file I came across, I build it months ago and can't remember what I did to it, though if I never released it then it didn't hit my expectations.
    Considered experimental, flash if you feel adventurous or bored.

Bugs: B25

Exfat still does not work in Balthesaur 2.75 that was included
    USB Audio still does not work in Balthesaur 2.75 that was included
    Using the "Savaged Zen" Governor will result in immediate lockup on screen off, do not use this governor, the others appear to still be working.
    1.5 GHz is still broken.
    * Updating to Balthesaur V2.80 may resolve the exfat and usb audio, and savaged zen is removed. Links are available in the ADDONS section below.

Downloads:
    Headphone audio may not work, if that happens flash this in recovery courtesy of Indest

If you are having issues with your speaker/headphone/mic levels being to low download this app and then install it, crank all levels up to max, uninstall the app, then test. Be sure to only raise the bar levels, do NOT hit apply, just raise the levels up and then uninstall the app! You may need to reboot after uninstalling it.

Kuroikaze Shinka B25 | Mirror
    Stock Animations for B25 | Mirror
    Kuroikaze B32 | Mirror

Addons:

Kernels
    Kernels can be downloaded in the kernel thread here.

Transition Animations
    For those not digging the hyper flipper toddler special animations, flash the "Stock animations for B25" above in recovery and it will return the stock animations.

Boot Animation - landscape
    Courtesty of HeSaid, THIS is the proper landscape bootanimation for B25, be sure to give him your thanks! Note for those having issues, here is a the updated directions from HeSaid (using his directions, its his download after all lol)

"You don't need a special program, but you do need to mount your file system as writable so that you can write a new file to otherwise protected areas of your Thrive.
    1. Download the bootanimation.zip that I posted a couple pages back. Unless you have changed something it will be placed in /storage/sdcard0/Downloads.
    2. Open the file manager that came with B25. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen, go to settings and look for "safe mode". Tap that and change to root enabled mode. You may have to do it twice for it to take.
    3. back out of that screen and go to /system/media. Look for bootanimation.zip. Long press and rename to bootanimation.zip.orig
    4. Go to /storage/sdcard0/Downloads and select bootanimation.zip.
    5. Go back to /system/media and paste selected file.
    *added*6. Check permissions, must be set RW-R-R or it will fail to load. Most times this can be done by long pressing on it, then Properties or Permissions depending on the file manager used. Setup usually will look like this-
    R W -
    R - -
    R - -
    Where dashes are empty, sometimes its just Xs, set them to the same map, X where R or W is, empty where - is.
    You will now see two bootanimation files. One is .zip and the other is .zip.orig
    --
    Neal

edit: it is good practice to keep the original file when ever you are changing something. That is the reason for appending the .orig to the first file. The system will not recognize it because it no longer ends in .zip. You can always put it back in service by removing the file you added and rename the original file to remove the .orig "
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 01-02-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1889 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Instructions:

For Build 19 a FULL WIPE MUST BE DONE!
    Each build after 19 may be dirty flashed if you choose.

Generic flashing instructions - this assumes you have flashed at least one custom ROM in CWM/TWRP at some point.

Download ROM from the link above
    Download Gapps provided by Indest at the CM10 Wiki HERE
    Reboot into your CWM/TWRP Recovery
    Make a full backup/nandroid before proceeding
    -For first use of this ROM, a full wipe should be done, regardless of previously installed ROM, this applies for B19, and any version after if you are not on at least B19. A Full wipe means Factory reset, dalvik, system, cache.
    -For second flashing (B20 or higher) you may choose to wipe only cache and dalvik and flash just the ROM and Gapps.
    After flashing is done (you flashed Gapps after the ROM, right?) reboot system
    Allow up to 15 minutes to boot to UI
    Once the welcome setup wizard shows up, let it sit for 10 minutes
    After the 10 minutes complete the setup of the tablet then reboot
    After reboot let it sit 5 minutes
    Proceed setting up the device with your apps.
    Restore only user apps, and data only if you need to (like game saves, book marks, etc)
    Never restore system apps or data! This is red in Titanium Backup
    After restoring what you will, reboot one more time
    Let sit 5 more minutes
    Use device as normal.

Thanks to:
    Tybar
    JBettcher
    Indest
    Google
    Cyanogenmod
    Linaro
    The guys that did the Acid Audio mod (I'll be sure to get this corrected later)
    The guy that did the sleeper entropy mod (I'll be sure to get this corrected later)
    This entire community for continually amazing me with their ability to give!
    Last edited by pio_masaki; 12-31-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times

Re: [ROM] Kuroikaze Shinka CM10

well you did it pio_masaki ! ! im finally gonna flash it - lol - reads like you put alot of time and effort into this - gonna go to my rig and dwnld it now -

From my Pimped ICS by dalepl, Themed by t1nk, o/c'ed by pio Thrive
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    patiently waiting for a download link.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    157 times

i think he's looking for pm's -

From my Pimped ICS by dalepl, Themed by t1nk, o/c'ed by pio Thrive
    32gb Thrive
    Dalepl's IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pio_masaki View Post
    Ok the final release of the mixed up Kuroikaze line, Kuroikaze Shinka. This supercedes and replaces the previous Kuroikaze thread HERE
    Could you mention that in that thread? I kept going back to it to see if you updated and was really disappointed that there were no updates as I loved your build. Had no idea you had more builds out until I stumbled across this today.

Cant remember if you like requests or not, but the one I have is digital audio: my Dragonfly DAC/amp is screaming to be tested out on the Thrive. I think you posted on my thread but just wanted put it out there again. Thanks for all you do, great work! Will PM you, excited to test it out.
    Last edited by gidgiddonihah; 12-31-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1889 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Quote Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
    Could you mention that in that thread? I kept going back to it to see if you updated and was really disappointed that there were no updates as I loved your build. Had no idea you had more builds out until I stumbled across this today.

Cant remember if you like requests or not, but the one I have is digital audio: my Dragonfly DAC/amp is screaming to be tested out on the Thrive. I think you posted on my thread but just wanted put it out there again. Thanks for all you do, great work! Will PM you, excited to test it out.
    This thread is like a couple hours old lol you didn't miss much.

You keep asking for this feature, then vanish when I ask you to do some homework on it. I don't have anything to test it against anyways I just do blind attempts and see what the feedback is, though I've gotten non concerning USB audio since u4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pio_masaki View Post
    This thread is like a couple hours old lol you didn't miss much.

You keep asking for this feature, then vanish when I ask you to do some homework on it. I don't have anything to test it against anyways I just do blind attempts and see what the feedback is, though I've gotten non concerning USB audio since u4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry .

The link you commented on is all I have right now. If you want I can do some more research and give you links. U5 Elephant (from the wiki) read it when I downloaded a USB audio tester with the Audioquest Dragonfly DAC/amp, but I didn't get any sound (could be a wrong setting). I would be more than happy to test what you do and report back.

Found this for the Galaxy Nexus, its the digital audio section for the Air Kernel. Though it could just be for Android specific devices, don't know enough.

Here is another source. Seems like this is for the S3.

This is a source for the Archos G9.

Head-fi has a very active thread of people wanting to work to get USB audio working on as many devices as possible:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/andr...s-and-usb-dacs

This page has a list (done by a member named DanBa) of every DAC that works with the few Android devices that do it stock.

Following from DanBa on Head-fi:

As far as I understand, Android developers customize their ROM or kernel from stock software; and usually they won’t remove features, they rather add or improve features. I was quite surprised learning that the CM10 developers have removed the USB audio support.

"Since flashing KERNEL-CM-10-20120801 | Audiopatch for 10-20120801 & Camerapatch for CM10-20120801 yesterday, the USB Audio driver appears to have vanished (was working after flashing just the 10-20120801-EXPERIMENTAL-i9300-CODEWORKX build) I've flashed today's build with a full wipe, and its the same story, the X360 controller and USB HDD still work fine, but no USB Audio, My guess is that it was removed from the kernel?"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...o#post29691769
    This also has some good information. It's going over differences in audio in 4.1.
    Last edited by gidgiddonihah; 12-31-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

happy new year to all. why the links do not appear, is it just me?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Ads