I present my next project, TWRP touch recovery for the Thrive!
Experimental and under development, certain functions may cause damage up to and including data loss and bricking!
For now the functions for formatting and partitioning SD are untested, and will be tested shortly. Post will be updated to reflect the findings of this testing. HUGE thanks to tybar for risking his device for this.
Full touch UI
Working mounts for system, data, cache, external sd
Build 1: Broken mounts, no sd access
Build 2: Fixed mounts, access to external SD for backup/restore and flashing.
Build3: Updated to 22.214.171.124. Automounts external SD, built against JB Source, curtain animation removed, 4.2 compatible.
Build 4: Updated to 126.96.36.199, Fixed the picture glitching when booting into recovery (the "OH CRAP IT BRICKED" glitch)
Update change logs from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2:
- Fixed a problem with mkdosfs that formatted sdcards to 2GB
- Fixed handoff between vfat and exFAT on devices where blkid didn't detect vfat (fixes some issues with mounting sdcards)
- Fixed problems with changing working directory on MD5 creation/checking that may have prevented unmounting
- Backups will now store a copy of the backup log after the backup is completed (only if backup is successful)
- Using libtar instead of busybox's tar for better control over tar file creation and breaking the 2GB barrier that busybox imposes (thanks to bigbiff)
- Support for exFAT formatted sdcards (also thanks to bigbiff)
- Support for decrypting Samsung TouchWiz encrypted devices including internal and external storage (special thanks to a3955269 for figuring it out)
- Improvements to OpenRecoveryScript including displaying a proper GUI while the script is running
- Added wipe cache and dalvik after ADB Sideload
- Replaced many system calls with their native C counterparts
- Fixed bugs in file manager where it would display an empty list after moving or deleting a folder
- Fixed AOSP recovery commands to run after decryption on encrypted devices
- Improvements for building TWRP in CM10.1
- Other minor bugfixes and improvements
- Fix renaming backups with a space in the name
- Add decrypt button to mount page if you cancel decryption during startup
- Added ignore blkid flag
- Fixed handling of MTD partitions during mount
- Fixed some keyboard mapping issues on 800x1280 layout
This assumes you still have your drives from when you rooted, and you have an unlocked bootloader. If not, go unlock it.
Download the recovery image someplace useful, like where you have fastboot installed, or c:\twrp
Reboot into download mode (fastboot mode) by powering on holding volume down, then selecting the usb icon with volume down then power to select.
On the PC, type fastboot flash recovery twrp-thrive.img
Once it's done (should be like 3 seconds) type fastboot reboot then hold down volume down again, this time selecting recovery
Enjoy TWRP recovery!
Be sure to mount sdcard before backing up / restoring or installing if using Build 2, this is no longer required in Build 3.