• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
    Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times

iPhnoe apps cheaper than Android apps!

iPhone Apps Are Cheaper Than Android: Report - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    I know of three people that have iPad2s and they complain about some apps that I think the android version is great for. Marketing I guess. And yet Android app downloads will soon surpass iOS apps!
    Last edited by GrandPrixChris; 02-24-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Just tap the ball! Tappy tap-tap!

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    If you dig into this study, you realize very quickly that they are only talking about a subset of Android apps versus a subset of iOs ones. And it seems to only regard paid apps, not things like apps with ads that cost nothing up front.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Its hilarious because you realize that the vast majority of Android apps are totally free compared to ios apps. Case in point, angry birds. Five bucks for ios, free and ad supported (which don't even display if your in airplane mode anyway) for Android.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Agent Thrive
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    i agree with you android got a lot of free apps.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I read where Apple and several e-book publishers are in deep doodoo with the Dept Of Justice on pricing. So at least expect to see cheaper e-books for all platforms.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

stevehook12

yup.. iPhone apps bit cheaper than android .. and the other hand iPhone apps are more faster than android as i got experience

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stevehook12 View Post
    yup.. iPhone apps bit cheaper than android .. and the other hand iPhone apps are more faster than android as i got experience
    Not always. If it is an app that was originally Iphone, that is quite possible. I do know three iPad people that wish some of their paid apps ran as well as the free Android counterparts.
    Just tap the ball! Tappy tap-tap!

Ads