• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Online Youtube Downloader Safety

hi I have a general question. I have received a few mixed answers already so I was hoping some of you guys could help me.
    I download my desired videos from Youtube quick and easy, save to HD, MP4, M4A, MPEG or FLV formats, simply by pasting the URL to a link grabber.
    Youtube Downloader - Every Tool You Need I have no idea about the safeness of the tool, furthermore how can I make sure that it is secure and if it's not how can it harm my PC??

Thanks to whomever can help with this.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi angooolak and welcome to Thrive Forums. As you already stated, a Google search gave mixed information about the safety of that and similar tools.

How can you make sure that it's secure? The only thing I can think to tell you would be to make sure your antivirus program is up to date and then run a scan on the file . You could look up the file name on Google first and see if anything negative comes up in the search results.

If a file isn't safe, how can it harm your PC? In any number of ways, depending on the type of malware involved- anything from hijacking your browser home page or causing ads to pop up, to harvesting sensitive personal/financial information, to crashing the computer and making it unusable.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

tre
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That is why we download antivirus. They would alert you if you download anything with viruses.

Remove Ads

Ads