• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Samsung Galaxy IV

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times

New Samsung Galaxy IV

Who's thinking about the new Galaxy S IV?
    My contract is up for renewable in October and by then there will be a lot of hands on reviews, bugs worked out and maybe even a price drop.
    The only problem is, unless I buy it at full price, I loose my unlimited data. However, October just happens to be my birthday month and I might be
    pulling the trigger on that retirement gun. It would make a nice birthday AND retirement present from myself or the family.
    So, from what anyone has seen and read so far, what do you think? Is it an iPhone killer?
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Samsung is already taking Apple to school right now so the "Iphone killer" moniker is already a given.

I never buy phones on release day or even in the first few months anymore but the GS IV looks like a winner again. I'm still waiting for a pay raise (wishful thinking) and a super bargain on the GS3
    Unless I win the lottery, I wouldn't be looking at a GS4 until 2014

Grumpy, what phone do you have now? What service provider?

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    It will drive the price of the III down to where I might be able to get one. Upgrade my daughters line to an SIII then swap my Nexus to her line and get the SIII myself. The IV is going to be too expensive even with a contract for now.
    JiveTurkee likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    188 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkee View Post
    Samsung is already taking Apple to school right now so the "Iphone killer" moniker is already a given.

I never buy phones on release day or even in the first few months anymore but the GS IV looks like a winner again. I'm still waiting for a pay raise (wishful thinking) and a super bargain on the GS3
    Unless I win the lottery, I wouldn't be looking at a GS4 until 2014

Grumpy, what phone do you have now? What service provider?
    Like you, I wait for and see how things work out with new releases. I learned that lesson with the Blackberry Storm.
    I currently have a Motorola Bionic, best phone I ever owned. My carrier is Verizon.
    Technology has surpassed humanity
    2 Thrive 10" tablets- 1 out-of-the-box stock with Ice Cream Sandwich and 1 using
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    1 Thrive 7" -
    2 Excite tablets 10" and 7.7" both with multi-docks - Nexus 7 2nd generation 64GB - 2 LG 8.3 GPads 1 on wi-fi and 1 on Verizon 4G LTE
    Windows 8.1 tablets - Dell Venue Pro 8.1 64GB - Asus Transformer AT100T 32GB

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    It looks like the Note 2 and the S3 had a baby, lol. Personally, I think the S3 was already an iPhone killer. The S4 looks to be a beast of a phone and Samsung is advertising some really cool features like airview with your finger and scrolling with your eyes. Some cool camera features, too, if you're interested in that stuff.

I have the Note 2 and if you're on a 4G network, it's worth the full price to stick with the unlimited data. I easily go over the 2G limit that most other people have because 4G LTE is just so fast!
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Running an Excite 10 (AT 300)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times

Re: New Samsung Galaxy IV

Even better is the fact that some of those features might filter down to the SG3..
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Even better is the fact that some of those features might filter down to the SG3..
    And I'm sure the devs would put those in some custom ROMs for the SG 3. Which is why I will wait a while to get an SG3, root it and flash an "SG4" ROM.

LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)

AZ.
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I am just waiting for the Note 2, to drop some....It was out in October so realy isn't that old....And just as much hp!....S4 just didn't blow my socks off....
    JiveTurkee and bluzman like this.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ. View Post
    I am just waiting for the Note 2, to drop some....It was out in October so realy isn't that old....And just as much hp!....S4 just didn't blow my socks off....
    Yeah, the Note 2 is a fantastic phone. Either way, Samsung's game has stepped up in the past few years.

LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times

Re: New Samsung Galaxy IV

That's what happens when you take aim for a market and put the resources into it. Anyone ever wonder how things would be if Toshiba had put those kind of resources into the Thrive? Trouble is that unlike Apple, they'd still be at the mercy of Google, but so is Samsung and they seem to have great product support.

Cheers, Dave
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads