• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1332
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: Let's have some fun with hijackings

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    262 times
    Twitter
    AmEv7Fam
    Meh, I'm not the one that set it up that way. I blame CM team :P (not really)

However, there is something NEW coming to my development thread soon....

(I am stuck on native Ubuntu development, so.....
    Last edited by AmEv; 10-06-2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Have a desire to throw money at my screen? Don't. Nothing'll happen. Use PayPal instead!
    Are you "thriving" for Ubuntu, and/or a Tegra 2 expert? I need your help! I've hit developer's block!
    Got OTA ICS? Want root? Go here!

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1848 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Meh, I'm not the one that set it up that way. I blame CM team :P (not really)

However, there is something NEW coming to my development thread soon....
    Well blame whoever came up with ext as its journaled by default lol I just remove them from my devices.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    We'll looks like I will break away from being a Motorola fanboy. All my newest phones have been Motos since Android came out and owned more prior to that. I went to the Verizon store today and looked at the Moto X and the LG G2. Unfortunately the X did not impress me. The screen didn't look any better than my razr maxx. The LG has a nice 5.2 1080p screen with text that is very nice for my aging eyes.

The specs and features are very nice. It will be easy to root but I don't think I will need a custom ROM. Most people seem to really like the enhancements LG has made to it. I'll freeze the Verizon bloat and a few other apps with titanium and run with it. There lots of really nice features and the cell reception is supposed to be close to Motorola. I know you can't always go by the bars but the LG was on a full 5 bars and the X was on 4.

I have 2 weeks to make sure I like it, so I am going to give it a go. Will let you know how it goes.
    Happy Thrive user running CM10 Jellybean.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaklands View Post
    We'll looks like I will break away from being a Motorola fanboy. All my newest phones have been Motos since Android came out and owned more prior to that. I went to the Verizon store today and looked at the Moto X and the LG G2. Unfortunately the X did not impress me. The screen didn't look any better than my razr maxx. The LG has a nice 5.2 1080p screen with text that is very nice for my aging eyes.

The specs and features are very nice. It will be easy to root but I don't think I will need a custom ROM. Most people seem to really like the enhancements LG has made to it. I'll freeze the Verizon bloat and a few other apps with titanium and run with it. There lots of really nice features and the cell reception is supposed to be close to Motorola. I know you can't always go by the bars but the LG was on a full 5 bars and the X was on 4.

I have 2 weeks to make sure I like it, so I am going to give it a go. Will let you know how it goes.
    Please do, I have had the X in ny sights since came out. And am bouncing back and forth between the Htc One,the X and the LG.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Evo Shift 4G->Rom Changes Daily (Flashing OCD)

Toshiba Thrive->DaleNet-Thrive-HTK55D.31.5.0002-Modded_Stock_ROM-v1.2.zip w/ OOM Rom

Why it Takes so long to get Updates:

http://goo.gl/rYRTz

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1848 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Well I dunno where to put this, so I'll put this here. I know I've been a bit MIA lately, but life has been hard, time limited and desire short. In the coming days and month, I fully expect my phone to be shut off, internet turned off, and all but a netbook sold off to try to recover from the recent death and monsterous debt that came from handling it. As it is my build PC is gone, all I have left is a netbook and a laptop that, while it could feasibly build a ROM, it would take hours and probably overheat and die before it was done, so while that would be fun to see :highfive: I'll not do that so I can still sell it. Even my TV is gone :crying:

It's been a great time here, and I hope this community nothing but the best. I'll leave my threads open so you guys can continue helping each other out. If I do happen to not sell this laptop I may setup for building and see how it does, don't expect anything, but if anything poops out it'll go on the site if I can ninja some WiFi from like...Barnes and Nobles or something. I doubt they'll want me syncing repos, though.

As for rollbacks, while I can still offer to do them, PLEASE keep in mind I will need to travel to do so now, so missing "appointments" will be a tad bit more uncool as I have to spend resources to even do this for users now, so the occasional "Sorry I fell asleep" just wasted at least half an hour and a couple bucks in gas I really can't spare to wasting for no reason other then a random trip to McDonald's to sit in their parking lot for awhile.

No internet...I'm frightened...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    892 times
    Hang in there and do what you have to do to get life back in some form of stability. From there it can only get better. Your efforts and contributions have given many of our members great benefits. It is still much appreciated.

Remember, what ever doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
    rosalie and JiveTurkee like this.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    I have had the LG G2 for 2 weeks now and I can honestly say it is the best phone I have ever owned. Is it perfect? No. I have the Verizon model which is slightly bit different from other models. Here are the things I like and dislike about the phone

Pros:
    • This thing is unbelievably fast and responsive. I have no lag whatsoever.
    • The antenna for phone and wifi is right up there with Motorola phones. This is always what is most important to me. It has to be a phone first and the G2 passed the test with flying colors.
    • I love the knock on/knock off feature. You can tap the phone twice to turn it on and twice to turn it on. I will say this feature does not work 100% of the time on the first try when trying to turn it on, but it is a great feature
    • The stock weather and clock widget is really nice. I used to get a 3rd party app for this.
    • LG has gone to great lengths to add features to their stock rom that I was constantly downloading other apps to perform: Your pull down menu has all the power control items you need to turn wifi on/off, brightness changes, sound, gps, bluetooth, screen rotation, etc...
    • It has a Qslide that will let you bring forward some handy apps like Richnote, Video player, phone, calculate and voice mate. The Verizon version does not offer as many of these apps as other versions. It is neat that you can keep these apps brought forward while you are in another app. These apps have a slide so you can change the transparency of the app to allow you to see what is on the screen behind you. This feature has come in handy when I need to make quick notes while doing something else.
    • It does not have an amoled display but a 1080p LCD IPS screen. Honestly I like it much more and it is a lot better on battery life. I keep mine set on 50% for most occasions.
    • Battery life: Man, this thing lasts forever. It has a 3000 mAh battery. This is by far the longest lasting battery I have ever seen. The other night, my battery at 50% at bedtime. I had 4 hours of screen time and still 50% left. They recommend not letting these style batteries go much under 50% and to charge it on a regular basis. Yesterday I only had 40 minutes of screen time, so my battery was at 86% when I went to bed. I went to bed at 11:00 and the phone had been running since 8:00am. Keep in mind that I have my Kaiten Mail app check 4 email accounts every 60 minutes.
    Cons:
    • The volume on the external speaker and ear piece were not quite up to my liking. It is better than my old Moto Razr Maxx but still a little low. A guy over at the XDA forum came up with a fix. You have to be rooted, but this allowed my volumes to come on up to my liking.
    • The camera is a 13 megapixel camera and takes beautiful daytime pictures and video. They look great. The night time pictures are the ones you have to be careful with. I took some pictures at our Halloween party Saturday night. I was not using the flash and they turned out quite well. However, you have focus in and not shake or the pictures will be a little muddy looking. However, for a camera phone, I will say it is still the best I have ever owned.
    It is obvious I like the phone. My wife told me she would rather have my phone than her Moto HD for the camera alone. I have not added facebook or other battery sapping apps to see how it does, but I don't use Facebook much anyway. I will probably do so just to see how my battery holds out.

You can always flash the standard rom on this phone to unroot and it resets the flag so your vendor will not know you have ever rooted the phone.

The last thing I would like to add is that the forum at XDA for the G2 is much friendlier than the rest of XDA. People are willing to help and there is already about 6 roms available. I rooted and will be adding TWRP but honestly, I like all the features of the standard rom and do not see putting on a custom rom in the near future. The T-Mobile development for this phone is pretty much non-existent at this time. All other carriers have custom rom choices. LG hit a home run with this phone.
    Last edited by Oaklands; 10-28-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    rosalie, pio_masaki and DoubleDAZ like this.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1848 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    I have had the LG G2 for 2 weeks now and I can honestly say it is the best phone I have ever owned. Is it perfect? No. I have the Verizon model which is slightly bit different from other models. Here are the things I like and dislike about the phone

Pros:
    • The antenna for phone and wifi is right up there with Motorola phones. This is always what is most important to me. It has to be a phone first and the G2 passed the test with flying colors.
    • I love the knock on/knock off feature. You can tap the phone twice to turn it on and twice to turn it on. I will say this feature does not work 100% of the time on the first try when trying to turn it on, but it is a great feature
    • The stock weather and clock widget is really nice. I used to get a 3rd party app for this.
    • LG has gone to great lengths to add features to their stock rom that I was constantly downloading other apps to perform: Your pull down menu has all the power control items you need to turn wifi on/off, brightness changes, sound, gps, bluetooth, screen rotation, etc...
    • It has a Qslide that will let you bring forward some handy apps like Richnote, Video player, phone, calculate and voice mate. The Verizon version does not offer as many of these apps as other versions. It is neat that you can keep these apps brought forward while you are in another app. These apps have a slide so you can change the transparency of the app to allow you to see what is on the screen behind you. This feature has come in handy when I need to make quick notes while doing something else.
    • It does not have an amoled display but a 1080p LCD IPS screen. Honestly I like it much more and it is a lot better on battery life. I keep mine set on 50% for most occasions.
    • Battery life: Man, this thing lasts forever. It has a 3000 mAh battery. This is by far the longest lasting battery I have ever seen. The other night, my battery at 50% at bedtime. I had 4 hours of screen time and still 50% left. They recommend not letting these style batteries go much under 50% and to charge it on a regular basis. Yesterday I only had 40 minutes of screen time, so my battery was at 86% when I went to bed. I went to bed at 11:00 and the phone had been running since 8:00am. Keep in mind that I have my Kaiten Mail app check 4 email accounts every 60 minutes.
    Cons:
    • The volume on the external speaker and ear piece were not quite up to my liking. It is better than my old Moto Razr Maxx but still a little low. A guy over at the XDA forum came up with a fix. You have to be rooted, but this allowed my volumes to come on up to my liking.
    • The camera is a 13 megapixel camera and takes beautiful daytime pictures and video. They look great. The night time pictures are the ones you have to be careful with. I took some pictures at our Halloween party Saturday night. I was not using the flash and they turned out quite well. However, you have focus in and not shake or the pictures will be a little muddy looking. However, for a camera phone, I will say it is still the best I have ever owned.
    It is obvious I like the phone. My wife told me she would rather have my phone than her Moto HD for the camera alone. I have not added facebook or other battery sapping apps to see how it does, but I don't use Facebook much anyway. I will probably do so just to see how my battery holds out.

You can always flash the standard rom on this phone to unroot and it resets the flag so your vendor will not know you have ever rooted the phone.

The last thing I would like to add is that the forum at XDA for the G2 is much friendlier than the rest of XDA. People are willing to help and there is already about 6 roms available. I rooted and will be adding TWRP but honestly, I like all the features of the standard rom and do not see putting on a custom rom in the near future. The T-Mobile development for this phone is pretty much non-existent at this time. All other carriers have custom rom choices. LG hit a home run with this phone.
    Thanks for the awesome review, I was on the fence about it, being the Verizon version, but it looks like, if all goes well, that's my next phone.....

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Akakaze

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times

Pros:
    Cons:

Hey I post from my phone on face book, I don't see any change in battery. Now on this last trip I did because I over did the picture, but it was so pretty I just couldn't watch to post , but I always had plenty of battery by the end of the day. Jeanette

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    Cheers, Jeanette ,
    "I am strong. I am invincible. I am redhead

AT100
    Rooted (DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 )

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pio_masaki View Post
    Thanks for the awesome review, I was on the fence about it, being the Verizon version, but it looks like, if all goes well, that's my next phone.....

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Akakaze
    Quite a few people on XDA have said they decided to go ahead with this phone instead of the nexus. The bigger battery is one part of their decision and they like the built in features of the G2.

Ads