• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elementelrage View Post
    Ok so I have downloaded your zip, unpackaged, and read the readme. It starts talking about first time linking my tablet to the computer. I have linked before as well and think it has installed usual "bootware". i don't understand what adb means lol (i did start trying to go through the desktop-devicemanagenent-, does it mean android debug bridge?

anyways beyond that i have installed the free rom manager (clockworkmod). however it says i have to install ".... for your phone" and dosen't list the thrive.

going to keep playing with it, keep trying to uninstall and install yours however it is not letting me install. just keeps going into automatic installation

im sure these are basic things but... here i am.
    First, you need to uninstall ROM MAnager. It is not compatable with the Thrive. ADB is in deed the Android Debug Bridge. You need to install the ADB drivers found in the Easy Flash Tool package. You must turn USB Debugging on on the Thrive to get this to work. When you connect the Thrive to your PC, it should say new device found and ask for drivers. That is when you point it to the drivers in the package.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by elementelrage View Post
    after messing around i think i got it, pm me or email me for the files. think i got it but I had a bit of a mix up. so i donno
    So, you were able to get ClockWorkMod loaded and you did a full device backup? If so, now I need you to upload the files to someplace (like dropbox) so I can get them.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    So, you were able to get ClockWorkMod loaded and you did a full device backup? If so, now I need you to upload the files to someplace (like dropbox) so I can get them.
    I have them, (I think its the right one) drop me a pm to get them off of me. also i tried to root and no luck. my last four are 0006 what should i do?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    PM sent.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

lost rom

I tried rooting which worked apart from getting the WiFi to work but i forgot to do the Clock Work Recovery so I lost my Boot img. if I can get a copy of the HMJ37.03.5.0006 rom, which i lost, that'd be great.

on a side note im trying to root that boot, I don't care what version or serials, or warranty what not I lose when I root, I just want my device rooted with WiFi, so If someone has successfully Rooted the Canadian version "HMJ 37.03.5.0006" with working WiFi can you plz tell me how you did that?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello. I have followed both the instructions in both this forum, and the readme for thrive easy flash, but I am unable to get cwm operating. I've used the easy flash tool to install cwm but once I reboot, I'm left with the stock recovery. How can I install cwm without rooting on canadian .0006? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (Apologies to mods for previous post. Won't happen again.)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey I'm not sure if your problem is dealt with or not but i have a Toshiba AT100 HMJ37.03.5.0006. And yes I am a kid just for future reference but I am really good with computers and such. Now Iv noticed that the HMJ37.03.5.0006 does matter but so does the AT100 just as much so I cant help at all unless yours is an AT100 and yes i have the Canadian version.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    oh oops multiple pages never mind then but if you need help just let me know and ill see what i can do

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    ClockWorkMod will not be persistant unless you root. The ROM has a file that replaces any recovey with the stock recovery when it boots. What loading ClockWorkMod does for you is allow you to load a pre-rooted ROM, but you have to go straight into ClockWorkMod after you flash it. If you let the device boot, even to the starry night boot animation, then the ROM will replace ClockWorkMod with the stock recovery.
    My Development

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads