• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HELP! Cant connect to youtube videos in the app and cant download apps on market!

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

HELP! Cant connect to youtube videos in the app and cant download apps on market!

hello guys, i cant download apps in the androdi market , the app download start but never end and i cancel the download but the icon in the down stay there!!! after a reboot too!!!
    and whern i want to try to watch a video in the youtube app in the thrive that say unable to connect to server tap again to retry

some one can help me?

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    You're fully connected right, to an internet source? its not like you turned on wifi then it didn't connect to a specific location yet?

Are you up to do date with all the updates?

Did you recently install an app that might be causing this?

also try doing this. go to general settings then manage applications. For both youtube and the market, click on them and then clear data.

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Exile; 09-08-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    ~ Exile

Toshiba Tank - OOM + Overclocked
    HTC Evo 3D - not rooted "yet"
    Lenovo Y560 - i7q720, ATI 5730, G700

Rooting Guides: BatFish CWM Guide | Dalepl Roms | Bilgediver Root Videos

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    909 times
    Sounds like a network issue. If you have access to a PC try going to the web version of the Market and try installing Network Info II. If your THRiVE is connected to the the Internet, this should push the app to your device. If it succeeds, use this app to see how your unit is connected to your WiFi. It's possible that there are DNS issues (should give you enough clues to solve any router configuration if needed).

If this method fails to install the app, "sideload" it, by getting the apk here Network Info II Android download app. Get phone info and net connection info

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    no i have used rom in the last days but yesterday i returned my thrive to the sotr to have a new one with stock canadian version but i do a new update in the toshiba station i think this is this update doing this shit
    cant play youtube video and cant download anything in market and i try 3 times factory defaults

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Hmm.. strange... Bring it back and get another new one?

If you did the updates and even the factory reset won't fix it... not sure what to say. really weird

Sent from HTC Evo 3D using Tapatalk
    ~ Exile

Toshiba Tank - OOM + Overclocked
    HTC Evo 3D - not rooted "yet"
    Lenovo Y560 - i7q720, ATI 5730, G700

Rooting Guides: BatFish CWM Guide | Dalepl Roms | Bilgediver Root Videos

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times
    He is not the only one. I have another Canadian that had the same thing happen to him. He also updated his Thrive from 0003 to 0006. It may be an issue with the update. Before doing anything else, I would have the device forget the network and then reconnect to it. When I am playing with my ROMs, at times I have issues where I have a connection, but get to nothing. To fix it, I have opened the networks and selected my network. Tell the device to forget the network. Wait for the network to pop back on the list of available networks and select it again. This usually fixes my issue.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the product is not defective its sicne i do the 0006 update!!! i think because i try to factory reset and the problem cant be solve and my thrivre still to 0006 version anyone know how come back to 0003 version? or what i need to wait to toshiba fix that? yes i know i can take the dale 0032 stock!!! but i want to keep my original version for the time that toshiba will fix my problem

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    405 times
    @cyberfire - Are you from Australia?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1952 times
    I do believe he is in Canada. The only way to go back to 0003 would be if someone has made a nandroid backup of it prior to doing the update or if Toshiba will provide a file to you. Have you contacted Toshiba about this issue?
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

- Click Here to Support My Work -

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I will contact this night or tomorow andno im from canada
    i dont lost connection internet work fine its just youtube app and android market that not working when i try to downlaod from android marking i see the moving bar in the download section but it dosnt work the download stay for eternity but this is very smalls files about 1 mb lol ARHHH iand i cant return it to the store
    but i dont have tested android market and youtube with this device before the update
    this is the device is defect? i believe not i really think that the updatre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads