• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HELP! Cant connect to youtube videos in the app and cant download apps on market!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not sure if people are still having this issue but i had this problem for the past 2 days (Youtube not working, Market not downloading and Gmail not connecting, but Internet and other emails were working fine). I found out that it was because of PDAnet.. when you configure PDANet it asks for setting network proxy. When i had done that, it affected all these applications, as soon as i removed it, everything was working fine.
    So i think it can be any app which alters your proxy setting.

hope this helps.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have exactly the same problem and I live in Georgia.... lol It's not funny though. I have two routers and I switched to the other router feed and no change. I surf the net with fiber optic and bandwidthtest.com at about 7 mbs but when I click on the Market Icon to go to the Market, I get there as normal but then when I click on My Apps in the upper right hand corner I get the same network error. I have a two day old unit which started out working A#1 in every way so I think it might be something I downloaded that's corrupted something.

Someone please tell me the safest way to restore to factory fresh please.......

Thanks
    I use to live on the cutting edge until............................................. ................

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Solved Problem.

I was searching for reset using the word restore so now I have reset and will get my app settings back from the google backup. A-OK

reset can be found in Settings>Privacy>Factory Date Reset. Thanks Batfish for that note.

I never did find out how to change the proxy settings after using PD-Net which screwed things up. All fixed with reset though.
    I use to live on the cutting edge until............................................. ................

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I removed PDANet but cannot get anything to log in. What other apps alter proxy settings? Where do i look to clear that?

This is very frustrating because most of the suggested solutions assume some higher level of tech knowledge than a "regular" user.

Another post suggested adjusting DNS settinngs and deleting my google acct at the google server. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchi View Post
    not sure if people are still having this issue but i had this problem for the past 2 days (Youtube not working, Market not downloading and Gmail not connecting, but Internet and other emails were working fine). I found out that it was because of PDAnet.. when you configure PDANet it asks for setting network proxy. When i had done that, it affected all these applications, as soon as i removed it, everything was working fine.
    So i think it can be any app which alters your proxy setting.

hope this helps.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    maybe it is because of cache or check may be something disallow as for security reason.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Ads