• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HELP! Cant connect to youtube videos in the app and cant download apps on market!

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    For some it is a Market issue and/or a Market app issue. For others, it has been a router config issue. And sore some, it hase just been one of those things. I do wish Google would make thier market more stable. When I started out with Android, I never seemed to have these issues. With the number of Android devices, it has seemed to be an issue for the past 3 - 4 months.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    After further research, there seems to be a lot of chatter that Google uses router port 5228 for downloads.
    See Findports - Google Android Market tcp/udp ports list

I keep my Router's ports closed as a practice, or restrict them to specific network addresses as needed, so that could be my problem.

Some also suggest port 80 for "other than download" Android Market , but that is usually open on most routers for other things anyway, mine is.

So today I have assigned a static IP address to my THRiVE and opened port 5228(TCP+UDP) and forwarded it to that address. We shall see if it helps.

I do, however, think there is more going on at Google's end regarding managing the stability of their systems. They may be suffering from the success of Androids growth, Google+ growth, and trying to integrate everything. I use their business app and web site development services also, and it is also in a constant state of change, aimed at improvement, and overall integration. I think they have to mature a little in managing this development integration, and control their testing before going live. Considering the rate they have grown I think they have done an amazing job so far. It just gets harder the bigger and more integrated they become.
    Last edited by bobj; 09-15-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    342 times
    It would seem to me if you had to open a port for the transfer of files, then it would never work. I'm still leaning towards a Google problem. Curious to how it works for you though.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Oaklands-- Good Point. I am hoping forwarding external 5228 to a static IP is the real benefit. Maybe I am mis-routing some incoming packets,
    or just dropping some.

I don't know if my changes will help, I think you are probably leaning the right way.

I am not on a commercially available router/firmware at the moment, so this adds to the complexity, for me. The router re: Port Management has more gradations than just OPEN/CLOSE, PORT FORWARDING/PORT TRIGGERING/DEFINING PACKET ROUTES.
    Port 5228 is "more open" now than I had it previously. Previously, based on the envelope the packet came in, the firmware was deciding what
    came through 5228, and where it went. Now I am letting all those packets through, but only to the Thrive.

Easier to say it was closed, now it is open.
    Last edited by bobj; 09-15-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    just after fews day for me and myy friend all the market and ytoutube back to functionnal after a electrical shut down because the storms everything back to the normal cell phones
    tablets et etc using android market
    and by the way really lov emy transformer

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberfire View Post
    just after fews day for me and myy friend all the market and ytoutube back to functionnal after a electrical shut down because the storms everything back to the normal cell phones
    tablets et etc using android market
    and by the way really lov emy transformer
    Now CyberFire. That is not a nice thing to post on a Toshiba Thrive site. Although we do appreciate the update, you going to the Transformer is not something we would like to hear about. It does not help out any of your other Canadian fellows that own a Thrive. I tried to tell you it was not the device.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Spell check, grammar check? Capital letters? Don't work well on a transformer I take it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    mcarver2000 likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Oh and don't forget punctuation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    He is French Canadian. English is not his first language. He had the same issue with the Thrive.
    My Development

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Non-Canadian with the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    For some it is a Market issue and/or a Market app issue. For others, it has been a router config issue. And sore some, it hase just been one of those things. I do wish Google would make thier market more stable. When I started out with Android, I never seemed to have these issues. With the number of Android devices, it has seemed to be an issue for the past 3 - 4 months.
    I have recently started having the same problem. Here is a synopsis:
    1. New thrive with everything working on home WLAN. App market, gmail, talk, full network access. This goes on for about 2 weeks.
    2. Two days ago I notice the network error in App Market. Same account works on other devices.
    3. Further research today, I notice that Gmail doesn't see connection. Talk doesn't see connection. App Market still gets network error. Full web browse for http & https. Connect the thrive to other networks and the symptoms are the same.
    4. At this point the network connection has been ruled out. It appears that has something to do with the Google end.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads