• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Sevice station crashes installing update

G'day,
    I've been browsing the forum for a while and like to sort out problems without posting a new thread, but in this case I can't find a solution.

I have a 10" Thrive (sold as AT200 in Oztraylia) which has been good so far. This week an update came in (3.2.1.03.5.0004) that will not install through service station, in fact SS bombs out on every attempt. Using info on the forum I've deleted the download and downloaded again, but same issue.

Current firmware is 3.2.1.03.5.0001 and no rooting done so far, all as standard.

Is there something I'm missing?

Tnx.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    At what point does it 'bomb out'? This might be a clue. It is possible that something has gone astray with the system. A factory reset may help, or flashing a stock ROM. However, both of these will wipe your device and internal memory/storage.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    At what point does it 'bomb out'? This might be a clue. It is possible that something has gone astray with the system. A factory reset may help, or flashing a stock ROM. However, both of these will wipe your device and internal memory/storage.
    Thanks for the reply.

As soon as I initiate the install the following comes up:

Sorry!

"This application Service Station (process com.toshiba.tss) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force close"

I could do a factory reset, but would prefer not to for the reasons you state. I don't want to get involved in flashing roms at this point. If all else fails I'll throw it back at the retailer as I don't have much time to spend on this sort of thing.

EDIT: OK lets try the factory reset, a PIA but maybe a fix? Oh no, same message. It tells me that there is an important message from Toshiba (the update), I wait for the download again. Initiate the install and the same failure message. What a P-O-S! Back to the store for a refund as it falls into the category of 'not fit for purpose'.
    Last edited by Belzybob; 04-28-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Actually if it's the Service Station that is crashing, there may bee something else afoot. Is this when you attempt to install the update from the Service Station app? Might try contacting Toshiba Support as this may be an issue they might be able to help you solve. But, then again, if you can arrange a swap with the retailer, that might be the quickest solution. Though I wonder if there might be an issue with this update and your current build.
    Last edited by mcarver2000; 04-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks again. I'll try Toshiba via their free phone number.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    If you have an AT200, then that is the Excite and not the Thrive. Is this what you have?
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Unfortunately neither title is used for the devices in Australia and I'd assumed until now, that based on the release date (I've had it for a couple of months) it was a version of Thrive. The manual says: Toshiba AT200 Users Manual (c) October 2011 and the System Info says AT200/16GB Product Version PDA05A-00100E.
    However, now I've looked at the US Toshiba site I see that it is an 'Excite', but mine has Honeycomb not ICS. A good way to confuse the forum!

As of today the Australia Toshoiba site is listing the WT-200 with 3G and Windows 7 for AUD 999

WT200 Windows® Tablet (3G) Part Number - PDW03A-00G006
    The Windows® Tablet that sets the pace for business

• CPU Intel® Atom N2600 (1.6GHz, 800MHz FSB)
    • Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 32bit with Service Pack 1 (OEM)
    • Screen Size 10.1" Wide View Angle High Definition 400NIT CSV (1366x768) resolution, LED Backlight
    • Memory 2GB DDR3 (800MHz) On board (No free slots)
    • Storage m SATA 64GB Solid State Drive (SSD)

Price $999.00 RRP AUD (inc. GST)
    More about the WT200 Windows® Tablet (3G) Computer
    Last edited by Belzybob; 04-29-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Update on info

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After all that, it turns out that the update file was corrupted. They are producing a new one in the next day or two.

Remove Ads

Ads