• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Instructions for New Members and Guests

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times

Post Instructions for New Members and Guests

To all new members and guests. As someone new to this forum I would like you to enjoy your experience with us. Please introduce yourself to all of us so we can welcome you. While here do the following:
    1. Do not be afraid to join and become an active member. This is a very friendly site. We monitor how people act and will tell them if they are out of line. No flaming is allowed.
    2. Be an active member. If you state something is wrong, someone will correct it, but will not belittle in the process. If they do, we will handle it.
    3. No question is a dumb question. If you do not know, then how will you find out. We all have been noobs.
    4. Read the Toshiba Thrive FAQ and Guides section.
    5. If you have a question, please look in the appropriate section and read. Do a search. If you still cannot find what you are looking for, then feel free to ask.
    6. Post general questions in the Toshiba Thrive General Discussions section.
    7. Post general questions about the Thrive 7" in the Toshiba Thrive 7" General Discussion section.
    8. Post questions about network issues (WiFi and such) in the Toshiba Thrive Networking section.
    9. Post questions about photography in the Toshiba Thrive Digital Photography section.
    10. Post questions about apps in the Toshiba Thive Apps section.
    In other words, try to post your question in an appropriate section. Also, plese try to give a good title. Posting a question with a title of "I need help" tells us nothing. Saying "My Thrive Will Not Connect To My Home WiFi" is much better. When you do post with an issue, try and provide as much information as you can. More is better. You can never provide too much information. You must rememer, we are not at your house where we can see the issue. If you see alot of people looked at you post but did not answer, it is not because they are ignoring you. It is because they do not know. Be patient, someone will answer you.

This site supports both the Thrive 10.1" and Thive 7" tablets. If you have something for the Thrive 7" only, please post in that section. If it for both, then post in the main sections for all. If you do not have a Thive 7", please do not download and install a ROM or Mod in that section on your Thrive 10.1" tablet. They will not work and you will end in a bootloop.

The most important thing to do while you are here is to read. When trying to root, load a ROM, load a theme, or load a mod, please read the OP. We do not put the instruction on the OP for our benifit. Do us a favor and please read the instructions. Many of the issue you will run into canbe fixed by just reading the instructions. Read through the thread (even if it is large). You can learn from the others that have already done the install. Ask questions if you still cannot figure it out or if you have a problem. Do not just jump into something without understanding what you are doing and why you are doing it. Some things can go very bad if you are not careful.

Above all, be polite to everyone. Whether it is you asking a question or you answering a question. If someone gets out of line, let the senior membors, Devs, Mods, or Admin handle them. Going back and forth with someone is not productive. If you are having a big issue that will take a while and many posts to fix, please send a PM to the individual that is helping so you can take it off line. Once it is corrected (or not), come back and let us know. We want to know in case we have the same issue. Ans lastly, enjoy our site.
    Last edited by dalepl; 03-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    With all of the advancements in this forum, a new intro was indeed in order. Thanks for get us up to speed. And HUGE thanks for your contributions to our enhanced THRiVE experience, not to mention the time and detailed individual assistance you provide.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    You are quite welcome. I really do want this place to be the best. I also want the Thrive to be the best. So, lets get out there and do our part.
    My Development
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Excellent info! Thanks for posting. Thread is now a sticky.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Good read, must read!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so where do i go now?

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    This is an excellent read, even for those who have been here a while, never hurts to have a refresher.
    Toshiba Thrive 32GB
    Running DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello every one my name is ruby Sharma and i am from India...Please suggestion...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for creating this new intro! It is clear and structured. I read through it, and found out that some links need changes.

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Post general questions about the Thrive 7" in the Toshiba Thrive Networking section.
    It should be Toshiba Thrive 7-inch General Discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by dalepl View Post
    Post questions about apps in the http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/forum.php section.
    It should be Toshiba Thrive Apps.
    Last edited by altt311; 03-02-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: minor changes
    All got ICS update!
    My Current Android Devices:
    1. Toshiba Thrive (4.0.4 Deodexed Stock by dalepl)
    2. Xperia TX (4.0.4 Stock) (Sony rocks!)

Past Device: HTC Hero, Samsung Galaxy S II

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Thanks updated the links.
    My Development

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads