• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Instructions for New Members and Guests

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All My name is Larry. I am a retired engineer here in Texas. I have bought the 10 inch Thrive after having the Pocket Edge, Panview 3 and NextBook. I have fallen in love with the device and just bought my girlfriend a refurbished unit on a deal of the day type deal. Is there an easy way to clone my device so that I dont have to go back and purchase all the apps I have downloaded and installed? Also, cloning mine will help me introduce her to the Android world without a lot of pain. I have gone thru the FAQs but am confused with the terms I see such as "rooting" etc. Any suggestions or pointers in the FAQ that I missed?

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Yes, if you set it up with your Google account, all the apps you purchased will be available for you to install through the market. If you want to do a true clone, you would have to load ClockWorkMod on the devices. You would then make a backup of yours and then restore it to hers. In either case, you will have to have the same Google account on each of them. She can setup her own email account on hers, but she would have full access to your Google account.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    so where do i go now?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am a very new owner of a thrive 10.1. I am over 70 and even though i have a Assoc. degree in computers and networking this is a new ball game for me I graduated in 2000 and the technology has passed me by. I really appreciate this forum to solve problems. One quick guestion, doesn't overclocking damage the processor? Thanks again for this forum.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Greetings pip. There is a very good post at one of the sister forums to Thriveforums (droidforums.net), I can try to find it and link it, but the author of the post goes into fine detail about overclocking (its called Overclocking 101). Basially the gist is that it can hurt, but it truly depends. If you overclock and monitor the temperature of your processor and battery you shouldn't have a problem as long as the Temperature doesn't start to run away on you, especially as many manufacturers actually underclock the processor so that it will last longer, have less problems, and have better battery life. If the temperature starts to run away on you, then don't overclock to that processor clock speed.

Edit:
    Here is the link:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sho...d.php?p=507812

That should take you to overclocking 101 at Droidforums.net.
    Skull One specifically mentions the Motorola Droid(an Android phone that brought Android to the mainstream, and spawned the forum foundry boards, droidforums.net is the original), but the same principles can be applied any time you overclock.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Bilgediver; 04-16-2012 at 04:21 AM.
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile How to post a question

Hi everyone, my name is Gail. I have had my Toshiba Thrive for about a month and love it. I have been getting a lot of information of this site, but I cannot figure out how to post a new thread/question. I have looked at FAQ which goes into formatting etc., I can't find the link to ask a question, just to reply. It's got to be staring me in the face, I'm usually pretty good with getting around web sites. Please help!

Thanks
    Gail

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Gail, when viewing the threads in a sub-forum there should be green "Post New Thread" button at the top & bottom left of the thread list.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    greetings all... My name is Will and I am new to the android world. I purchased my thrive 10 6 months ago and have been happy with it so far. I have just run into an issue with mounting and unmounting of my external hard drive. I have searched the forums for similar problems, but have had no luck finding solutions. What I have noticed is this... I have a toshiba external hard drive (750 gig) loaded with movies/tv shows. One day it failed to unmount, so I hard cycled the power. Powered it back up, mounted the hard drive... and lost 95% of all of my files. When I open the folder it says that it is empty. Is it possible to recover those files? Any help is appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Possibly, but not using the THRiVE. You could try HD recovery software on a PC.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Welcome to Thrive Forums, new1
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads