• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    The one thing I miss most is a list of my emails without having to open an account first. After I check mail, I'd like my new emails to be listed under each account, but haven't found a way to do that in Hacker.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    I feel sooooo stupid. Any guesses as to what was wrong with my rear camera? Turns out I didn't test it before putting on my new Best Buy $5.95 Blue back. Turns out it had a piece of tape over the lens hole. Apparently my wife's fell off and I never noticed it on mine. I decided to take the back off just to see if I could fix it myself. Sure enough, I could, but only because if was my fault to begin with. Oh well, good for a laugh. I'm sure glad I didn't call Toshiba.
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    I'll probably need to upgrade to a better set of sound-cancelling headphones for listening in the car though.
    Seriously? I hope you mean when you're riding in the car as a passenger!

Otherwise, please post alerts whenever you go out on the road!

It's great to see how quickly you're settling in with the Thrive. If you're really going to be doing a lot of typing, for under $20 you can get a nice USB keyboard to plug in to the USB port. Really makes typing much easier. You might also want to look at some of the cases that give you a choice of angles for the thrive.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Too funny. I was talking for my wife or me when we're watching a movie while the other is driving. I have a feeling the standard volume might be too noisy with regular headphones or ear buds.

I am settling in nicely, but have a long way to go, that's for sure. FWIW, I have yet to open a manual or Help file, so it's definitely trial and error. For example, I didn't know to press/hold to get the browser to open a link in a new tab. Still need a way to save email as text though when my wife gets a recipe or crochet pattern. I did print a test using PrintBot, so I know that works. I also can read my spreadsheet in Docs2Go and it seems to support linked sheets, so that's also good. I will probably purchase full versions of those before too long. I have a 120g USB HDD that I am putting DVDs on using DVD Catalyst. As far as I'm concerned that has already paid for itself after 3 movies. Next I'll be looking into accounting apps to balance my bank accounts. I suspect I won't find anything that reads ocx files though, but it doesn't cost to look.
    Cheers, Dave

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    [QUOTE=DoubleDAZ;42610Still need a way to save email as text though when my wife gets a recipe or crochet pattern.[/QUOTE]

While copy and paste isn't as easy on a tablet as it is on a PC, it can still be done. Look at some of the various note-taking apps into which you can paste the text. I personally like Catch Note, but there are many good ones.

To copy and paste, long press on a word in the text. It gets highlighted and little markers appear. Drag the markers to highlight all the text you want to copy. A menu may appear on the screen, or you may need to use the program's menu. Paste from the menu of the program into which you're importing the text.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Got that far, thanks.
    Cheers, Dave

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarver2000 View Post
    If you are looking for arrow keys, they are also hiding on the Swype keyboard --- select 123 and then you will have the option to select Edit.

DoubleDAZ you have "arrowed" up to the menu section and I don't think you can get out. I usually arrow up to the top line (don't try to get the cursor at the start of the line with the arrow key) and then use Home to get it to the start of the line. This is the way to avoid landing the menu section of the reply window.
    I'm not sure I read this right the first time. Are you saying this is just the way it is?

I tried reinstalling Hacker, I tried using Dolphin HD/Pad, and the only workaround I could come up with was to change the defailt Edit option in the forum. I tried the Standard and am now using the Basic option and Hacker is working at the moment. Obviouusly, there are limits with the Basic edit option, so I'm going to try the Standard again.

EDIT: Standard seems to work too. The only difference from Enhanced so far is that Word Wrap doesn't keep all letters together, but the arrow keys work, so I'm happy for now. Funn that it's only this forum.
    Last edited by DoubleDAZ; 11-12-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Cheers, Dave

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    It's a javascript vs. HC issue. Hopefully we will see a better fit with ICS. Until then, changing the editor level is the best hope (unless you opt for TapaTalk which is free through GetJar).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I have Tapatalk on my Droid, but don't really use it. I'll look at it further to see if it will work with my other forums.
    Cheers, Dave

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDAZ View Post
    I have tried everything. Finally I switched the forum from WYSIWYG editor to the Enhanced (?) editor and now it is working again. This is the only forum I am having a problem with. I'm also using the Pad version, but that didn't help until I chaged the editor option.

Edit: I am now using HD and it's working now too. I don't know if I should reinstall Hacker.
    Just figured out at least one reason to use the Pad version is how pages are scrolled within the browser instead of the browser itself scrolling in the HD version. So, the HD version is gone again. The other reason seems to be the Add-On's, but I'm still working on those, particularly passwords.
    Cheers, Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads