• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums

Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Thrive Forums is a friendly community dedicated to the new Toshiba Thrive Tablet.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Toshiba Thrive questions or problems or discuss it in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) cell phones/devices, etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
    rosalie and danvee like this.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    New Guy Reporting in from Atlanta....not good news from my end..can't get the Thrive out of sleep mode...Durn!

Ron

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Welcome Ron; I got a very warm welcome here and I am extending it to you. Yeah I had that problem too, people are coming up with all kinds of possible workarounds but I think Toshiba will fix this problem eventually, they have to since they already acknowledged the problem; when they do this will be the best tab out there, just my opinion. Good luck.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Cool newbee...

hello...

unwrapped my new gifted thrive... and it appears to be a wonderful tablet...

and yes... sometimes getting my thrive to simply wake-up cannot be done except by holding the off button to the count of five and then turning it back on... i trust that will be fixed...

my mission now is to gain entry into the internet... i work in nyc with lots of hotspots requiring passwords...

i can't seem to get on line... we'll see what happens... i'll keep tryin'

anyhow, the thrive captures the imagination...

nuchamber
    batfish likes this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My name is Sue; how do you do??? I got my Thrive (16 Gb) a couple weeks ago . . . had the sleep problem; the update seemed to fix that. Email and internet have been stellar. Having an issue with it reading my SD card; it's a 32 Gb SDHC, class 10. I used a card reader to load it from my desktop. The music won't play and pics show up as micro thumb shots with the pic information next to it. If anybody has an idea for this, I'd appreciate the solution. Could Win 7 be making the card unreadable for the Android System? I formated to FAT32 before loading the card. This card issue is one of the main reasons I bought the Tablet; I want to be able to load movies for time on the airplane when traveling.

Basically, I love the maneuverability of my Thrive! I have a book on it . . . much more convenient than a hard copy! Hope all enjoy their Thrive as much as I enjoy mine!!
    batfish and cgarrey like this.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question 1st time forum user --- help

Hi,

My name is Bob (first time user). I am hoping someone could point me to the correct thread to get information on the problem I am experiencing. I own two 32 GB Thrives. Both seem to be having the same issue. As far as I know I have installed the updated firmware for the "not returning from sleep problem". I charge the tablet, use it, and then power it off (not standby --- all lights off). Later, I go to use it and it is in suspend mode (blinking white light) --- as though it turned itself on. I never turned it on. If I leave it off for an extended period of time and then go to use it, sometimes the battery is completely discharged, and it won't turn on at all.

Perhaps this is already a reported problem (someone else must be having it), and I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I appologize for my unfamiliarity with the forum's workings.

Thanks, Bob

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    new guy from minnesota. enjoying the learning curve. can't figure out to play avi and mkv movie files from a usb. also wondering if i can connect to my old printer - looks like that's a no. glad to have the forum.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm a newbie to this board! I am impatiently waiting for my Thrive to arrive (ordered it online two days ago....) can't wait to start having fun with it!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome to the Forum everyone

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello All, New Thrive owner here since July 23rd and i must say that i have been very happy so far. I have had zero problems so far. I have added a few apps. I sure do hope that the Netflex fix comes soon! Thank You everyone for sharing your knowledge and experiences!
    batfish likes this.

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads