• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome to the forum to all you newcomers!

2. Ads

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Hi. I'm from Michigan. Yesterday, I finally decided it was my time to purchase a tablet, so I ended up with the Thrive 32gb 10.1. It took many months to figure out exactly what I wanted. I vascillated back and forth from the iPad to Android type tablets, but I never put any serious thought into it until yesterday. I decided I had to have a full-sized USB port, and a full-sized SD card reader, and the Thrive kept showing up. I'm typing this on my Toshiba laptop which I've had for a few years, so Toshiba works well for me. I am familiar with the Droid OS in a way because I have an Droid smartphone which I've used for 2 years and love. There's nothing like the excitement of waiting for a new computer, and this was one I saved a long time for and piddled around thinking about. I can't wait to get it. My biggest question is can I just plug a small dvd recorder/player into the usb and watch movies that way as well as Netflix? I suppose I will have to subscribe to Netflix now......and will also have to download my first ebook, since I would also like to use this as a reader. YAY!!!

ETA: Ooops....I thought we were supposed to post intros here, and now I realize I was supposed to start a thread, so I started a thread. Sorry.
    Last edited by Briggsie; 06-17-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Welcome.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    New member here from Athens, LA. Have the 10.1" Wifi 32G model. Enjoying it a lot, but was having issues getting the dock port cover off so googled that issue and it led me here. Found the info I needed and I'm good to go on that issue now. I was wanting to get another one, but finding a new one has so far proven problematic. May try another brand, but have some hope yet to get a used or refurbed 16 or 32G model as a second unit. I like the machine very much so far.

EJ

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    254 times
    Microsoft actually has an app for Android, and its basically OneNOTE. You can always try that out. I often get an app that allows me to post digital post-it stickynotes on my homescreen as well for more pressing reminders. Make sure that if you get that, that its a widget.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    "I would rather THRiVE than be EXCITEd."
    ADW Launcher Ex FAQ/Guide | Thrive Root/Unroot Video Tutorial/Walkthrough
    Phone(s) : Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX - Stock ICS (Android 4.0.4) | Motorola Droid (OG) - UltimateDroid 3.2.5 ROM w/ ChevyNo1 ULV 1.25 Ghz kernel
    Tablet(s) : Archos 70IT 250 GB - Stock, Rooted w/ Developer firmware | B+N Nook Color - Miui.us latest Miui v 1.11.4 w/ Dal's OC kernel set @ 1300 Mhz. | Toshiba Thrive 32 GB -
    DaleNet Thrive IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM(Android 4.0.4)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm Tornotlukin and I am out of Queens NY. Graphic Designer by day and Artist/Animator by night. I have some technical aptitude, but what I want to do is figure out how to change the UI graphics on my Thrive. For practice and stuff.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by batfish View Post
    Welcome!
    Thanks! Oh, I also use the Thrive to review the stop motion shots I make on my camera, very useful. I need research an automated way of getting the image data, so far I have been using "Splashtop" as a way of looking at the images.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello there, New to the tablet world i heard good reviews from Toshiba Thrive so decided to get one. Haven't played enough with it yet. Just wanted to say Hello for now.

Marco

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Welcome to all of you new Thrivers. Enjoy the device and our forum.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Page 78 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads