• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey, I just bought my thrive around July 26th, 2011, I had the sleep bug once the day I got it and never again, they came out with about 3 system updates within a week the last one was said to fix the sleep but issue, I have been wanting to root my thrive since the day I got it, I rooted it today 8/8/11, I used the DOS script in the hacks area. I could have done it myself with the android SDK and all but I could not find one good complete walk thru and dalep was saying he was going to make a script so I just waited a few days. I have an LG Optimus V, rooted stock rom, and now the thrive rooted stock rom. I really have no interest in clockwork or custom roms, I had a G1 with cyanogen mod and I updated it about 3 times and it always seemed unstable, I am happy with stock rom, I just have to have root so I can do everything I want or I go insane.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hey newbie in SC. found you guys while convincing yself not to get the ipad. hope to get alot out of my thrive and you guys on this forum.
    batfish likes this.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hey the names Brock. I just got my thrive today well... not really. This thrive was a gift and I waited for the mail man to bring. I was jumping up and down in excitement. I had to wait for it to be wrapped. After waiting I finally got to open it. I actually sat it to the side and opened the other presents (Crazy I know). I also got the docking station and the blue back for it. I finally turned it on. I felt it vibrate and the screen was broken. . Returning it to amazon Monday. Time to wait another week. Hopefully less. I was told 3 days. I check back sometimes just to see if it will fix it self. What a lonely life. Haha. Well anything is better than nothing.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    ximbecile
    Oh man, that sucks!
    Welcome to the forum though, hopefully your new one will be quick turn around and in one piece! =-O

Sent from my THRiVE using Tapatalk
    Rooted DX
    Rooted Thunderbolt w/ Gingeritis
    Rooted Nook Color w/ Miui
    ROOTED!!! Thrive

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yeah Hopefully... I hate waiting!
    MyTouch 4G (rooted) running miui.
    Toshiba Thrive (rooted) running touchthrive b3.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie. I don't know much about android; but I am learning from you guys. I own a iPad2 and decided to cross over to android.So far it is a lot of work to do. I saved $50.00 by reading your posts. I love the open market place. Thanks for the invite and I will see you or hear from you soon.
    batfish likes this.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Hello, everyone! I have been posting stuff around for awhile now, but forgot to formally introduce myself. I found this forum and just dove in head first!

Im in the Charlotte area, and I have a 16GB Thrive, and havent had the SOD or any other problems. I couldnt be happier with the product--I have been working hard at incorporating it more into my workflow.

Already familiar with Android through my Droid X (Love that phone), and I really like the Android platform. (Now if I could just teach myself to write an app...)

Love the boards, and see you around!
    batfish likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome to the forum everyone Glad to have you all with us.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all I have had my Thrive for a few weeks now and I love it! Haven't had many issues, a couple of reboots from no were, or web browser just close. But I am sure that will go away after a few updates or maybe is gone with the latest memory fix. But I really do like this thing a lot. I like all things Android, I had the G1 when it first came out, the the mytouch and now I have the Galaxy S Vibrant phone.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

New here!

Just got my Thrive yesterday - have barely set it up (almost said "scratched the surface", but that would be a very unfortunate simile!

I do think I will love it. Just reading a bit before jumping in with apps and stuff. I expect I will be a pretty basic user - want to be able to read docs, pdf's, spreadsheets, etc., on the go, and make notes at meetings, that kind of stuff.

Looking forward to getting up to speed!

Diane
    batfish likes this.

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads