• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1217
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Here trying to bring life back to my wife's thrive at105-t1016. I may be forced to let the moths out of my wallet and buy her a new one

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    YES! Got there in the end. Used the US version cos the build started with IMM76, just flashed the IMM76D.05.00008310 ICS rooted ROM and now I'm up and running. Thanks to the devs and Panda for the advice and tips.

Now I'm rooted is there a certain thread I should check out for tips on optimising my device?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    I don't think we ever had a such thread. Pretty much the general rules for Android apply to the Thrive. I like apps like Startup Manager to prevent a lot of things from starting automatically, which helps boot time. Some people hate task killers and say that it costs more battery power when the CPU has to reload the same app. Android tends to manage memory very well, but sometimes I find it's slow to release memory used by apps that were recently run. On devices like Thrives with limited RAM, I like an app like Fast Reboot is helpful to clear out old apps before using a memory-intensive one.

Android is a very robust OS but can still be affected by file buildup. Some people like SD Maid, and CCleaner has a new version for Android. Both remove junk files, tell you the largest files, and so on. Once in a while, maybe every 6-12 months when Android seems to slow down, it can be good to make all backups, then clean flash your ROM for a fresh start. The nice thing about being rooted is that you can use Titanium Backup to make backups of apps and also their data, e.g. a game's progress.
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.
    Nexus 7 owner and eternal Commodore enthusiast.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The first thing i did was install Roor Browser,Titanium Backup and ROM Manager. I've backed up all my settings and Apps. Do i need to do the custom recovery setup on ROM Manager? It's asking me what version of CWM i have 2.x or 3.x+, I'm not sure which one i have. I unlocked a startup manager on the Clean Master app i already had. I just wondered if there was some must-do changes as a priority that would optimise the Thrive.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    I've never used ROM Manager, so I couldn't say, but you probably don't need it if you're sticking with one recovery and one ROM on your Thrive.

Dalepl's version of ICS is pretty stable, so the main things are using a startup manager and freezing/disabling apps you don't need. One big improvement he made was turning certain system apps into user ones, allowing you to uninstall them. Kaspersky was a useless battery hog for me, but in Toshiba's stock Honeycomb and ICS, it's a system app that I couldn't even disable.
    Frequent pilferer of wife's Thrive 10, currently sporting Pio's Kuroikaze Shinka B25.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah i'm using the rooted European ICS ROM, i might try the US version to check if there is any difference. Another question if i may. If i flash a different ROM that wipes all my data will i have to reinstall Titanium Backup to restore my settings or does Titanium Backup back itself up and i just flash my settings in CWM recovery?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Titanium Backup is usually used outside CWM. It can make and restore backups in Android itself for individual apps, or you can make a full "nandroid" backup that's of everything.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just found this site in hopes of getting my Toshiba tablet to work better. Have had it for 3 years and it is crashes constantly. Hoping to find some answers here.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Hi Kedgar, welcome to the site. Have you ever tried a factory reset? Did you get the upgrade to ICS?

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi all,

Have found this forum a useful resource and am finally starting to tinker with my AT100. Hoping to learn more about Android development and eventually build a ROM for my AT100.

Currently running Dalepl's Rooted ICS ROM.

Remove Ads

Ads