• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    0 times

new user at100 1st time - want to root my at100 and update to most current OS ver

if anyone is still watching this forum, please feel free to contact me and let me know what mistakes not to make if i root my at100 and install one of these roms.
    scot please feel free to reply to jsmackeil@yahoo.com too

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    449 times
    Hi scotM, some of us are still around! The first step before rooting is to make sure you have all your backups, because rooting automatically does a factory reset. Android does that as a security feature.

Have you found dalepl's root tool? It's the one we know will work. There are a lot of "universal root" tools out there, some of which are just clickbait to make you download something that doesn't work, some of which are tricks to make you install malware.

[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

The tool also installs CWM, a custom recovery that opens up your Thrive to other versions of Android. I used to use Pio Masaki's Shinka B25, a version of Jelly Bean 4.1, but Google has updates which prevent a lot of its apps from running properly (even YouTube). So I've gone back to ICS 4.0.4, a version of Toshiba's that one of our forum developers took and made a lot more stable.

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads