• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By panda
  • 1 Post By panda

Thread: New Member

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi,
    And thanks for being here.
    I was just considering donating mine and my wifes thrives to goodwill or something....that was until I Discovered this forum.
    Read a bit at work last night and found some hope for them.
    If I can breathe some new life into these thrives I would use them more I am sure.
    Again Thank you so much for being here.
    I plan to ask a lot of questions.
    And hope to re rom my thrive if it is possible.

Thanks.
    almostdone

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Hi almostdone, welcome! It's been pretty quiet around here for a few years, not surprising considering the Thrive is coming up on seven years old. It was a great device for its time, yet it still has some uses today.

Android bogs down after a while, and a factory reset can help. I like a wipe and reinstall to really refresh things (let us know if you're interested in that). I recently reinstalled ICS on our Thrive, figuring to keep it in the living room as an easy temperature indicator, but now I'm starting to use it again for some Android games I've rediscovered.
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    283 times
    Been on Pio's baked black bean ROM and it is still going strong. My wife uses it for movie/tv watching. No issues.

TOSHIBA Thrive • Pio's Team Baked BlackBean ROM (4.1.2)

Samsung Galaxy S8+• Oreo Beta ROM (8.0)
    LG V20
    •Stock ROM (7.0 Nougat)
    ZTE Trek2 HD•Stock ROM (6.0 Marshmallow)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Fortunate! I'd say to be careful of updating anything Google. Someone had reported problems much like what I had, especially apps force-closing, which I'd forgotten. I tried not to do Google updates over a lot of clean reflashes, but something still got through.
    JiveTurkee likes this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads