• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hand-me-down Thrive AT100

I'm now the proud owner of an AT100 after getting my wife a newer faster tablet. Thought I'd come here for a little help on a video codec issue, which I'll post in an appropriate subforum. Glad you all are here!

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
    I'm now the proud owner of an AT100 after getting my wife a newer faster tablet. Thought I'd come here for a little help on a video codec issue, which I'll post in an appropriate subforum. Glad you all are here!
    Welcome to the forum! Hope you get the help you are looking for. But the THRiVE is going on 6 years old, and most folks here have moved on.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SHADO View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Hope you get the help you are looking for. But the THRiVE is going on 6 years old, and most folks here have moved on.
    Thanks for the welcome, and understood. I hate to throw things away that still work, even if they're not up to power and speed standards of more recent gear. Just figured I'd give this thing a shot. Right now, it's functioning very well as a remote control/web interface for RuneAudio on a Pi3 and Daphile on an ancient Asus netbook (which runs GREAT for the purpose of an "audiophile" streamer), and the Roku remote app seems to work OK although I have an increasing amout of privacy concerns about Roku in general and Google. Firefox as a general purpose web browser is pretty slow, but it works. I am shocked at how nice the h264 vids it DOES play look, how easy it was to find my DLNA NAS server, and that it plays FLAC files w/ no problem. Using the AT100 as a glorified remote control and portable streamer seems like a great way to put this ol' girl to work.

Still hopin' to hear someone chime in on the other thread..

Remove Ads

Ads