• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New Member 2 thrives need help and would like to learn how to mod/hack into gaming pa

Got 2 thrives both have issues with particular games I like to play.

Thrive at105 -t10162

Both are giving me the invalid license issue, and freeze up and stall out.

Alot of compatibility issues with games from the tegrazone app from nvidia which recommends games with enhanced features just for this GPU.
    I am very unpleasant with the OS would like something newer, and overall I would like the performance I have heard about with these things.

Thrive 1 needs a digitizer front bezel and back cover, but is "functional"

Thrive 2 only works on a/c power doesn't recognize battery from either device, and battery from this device doesn't operate thrive 1 either

Any help and insight would help and if anyone has parts they would like to fence, let me know....

Lastly, GAME ON!!!

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1903 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosinatrix View Post
    Got 2 thrives both have issues with particular games I like to play.

Thrive at105 -t10162

Both are giving me the invalid license issue, and freeze up and stall out.

Alot of compatibility issues with games from the tegrazone app from nvidia which recommends games with enhanced features just for this GPU.
    I am very unpleasant with the OS would like something newer, and overall I would like the performance I have heard about with these things.

Thrive 1 needs a digitizer front bezel and back cover, but is "functional"

Thrive 2 only works on a/c power doesn't recognize battery from either device, and battery from this device doesn't operate thrive 1 either

Any help and insight would help and if anyone has parts they would like to fence, let me know....

Lastly, GAME ON!!!
    What android version are they on? That'll help maybe track down the running issues its having. The ICS update is notorious for being half baked and buggy.

The one with battery issues is likely a bad board and may never work properly until it's replaced. You could swap boards into the one needing a digitiser and you'll have maybe a fully functioning single device with one for parts.

Upgrading them is at best going to 4.1, anything past has its own set of issues you may not want to deal with, however reading back over some of the development threads to see the status of the development which pretty well ceased back on 4.3, with 4.2 being the last fully functional version made.

The tegra 2 was awesome in its day, but these days is pretty old and worn out, gaming will not be very good on these devices with newer games.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Remove Ads

Ads