• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thrive Dies when new folders are added

I have a 4-1/2 year old Toshiba Thrive. It has been good over the years, but in the last few months it restarts on its own and never gets beyond the aura. I have done multiple factory restarts and replaced the memory module and battery. The problem continues.

I probably should just replace my Thrive, but I keep messing with it trying to find the issue.

I went down the path of thinking I was putting too much on my device, so after factory reset I started to load fewer and fewer apps. It finally got to a point where my device would stop locking up and I used it in that form for few days to prove its stability. One of the first apps I wanted to load was DocsToGo and my thrive soon crashed. I restarted my Thrive, omitting DocsToGo and again used my thrive for a week without issues.

Thinking it was the app, I decided to create the DocsToGo folders using a File Manager app. The thrive soon crashed again. I stated thinking the creation of folders is the issue. After restarting my thrive, I tried to create a single folder on it and it soon crashed.

Realizing this might be the issue, I stopped using apps that create folders. My Thrive has been happy ever since.

However, I still want my documents and other apps back on my thrive. I would like to know what it is with creating folders that would cause my thrive to crash. I assume folders reside on the memory module. I know the one I used was a reclaimed one as it had the previous owners data on it. Seems to me the memory module may be the problem. Maybe still the problem.

I'm thinking I need to replace it again, but before I do I would like some insight from someone with more knowledge.
    AT100 Thrive 10.1 16gb with 32gb SD Card.
    DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads