• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Techno Adventures

I have been dabbling with arduino and have successfully build a few RF remotes and captured some IR outputs from tv remotes and so on. I also dabble with yagi antennae and have a small attic array for which I have built a switch. I intended next to build a remote controlled rotator for that switch and run it with my bluetooth phone.

So, I tried to root my Defy+ many ways but failed. Mine is the newest variant of this old design and I guess they did something a little differently to prevent rooting. My goal there was to update the android as 2.3.6 is a little to old for my taste . superoneclick, adp installation of various apk, and a full gamet of other attempts later still no root. So I'm thinking I will use my thrive. Again I thought I might get to a newer version but first thing is to root. First thing I tried was the very slick Universal Easy Flash. In my exitement I flashed the wrong one (going by memory the last one looked like my build). OOPS Nothing to do with the rooting ware, this was all me. Anyway, now my wifi is out.

Oddly the superoneclick that I already had, seemed to let me root subsequently, as I can now delete apps that previously I could not. Anyway I will be checking in now and again to see if someone else adds my image. IMM76.0300081316 (I'm guessing mine is messed up now even though the build number has not changed).

Always good to see people extending the usefulness of our devices. Until I messed up the WiFi though, the thrive was still fulfilling it's purpose.

Meanwhile I am learning/playing with Android studio. And yes, my bluetooth still works.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi Spackstor, welcome! If you're rooted, do you also have a custom recovery (CWM) installed? You can flash a custom ROM if you do. As far as I know, Honeycomb 3.2.1 is the latest ROM for Canadian Thrives, with no ICS. You can flash it (be sure to make backups of your personal data first!) to see if that brings back wifi.

[ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.33.5.0005 Full Stock ROM (Canadian HC 3.2.1)
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Remove Ads

Ads