• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bigfoot
  • 1 Post By batfish
  • 1 Post By Droid-Xer
  • 1 Post By wicked
  • 1 Post By tp76

Thread: Hi - I'm a XoomForums convert, don't judge me for that just yet...

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times

Hi - I'm a XoomForums convert, don't judge me for that just yet...

I've pre-ordered the 16GB version. I'm very excited about what the Thrive appears to offer over the XOOM. However, since this is not the place for that, see you around.

2. Ads

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by epakrat75 View Post
    I've pre-ordered the 16GB version. I'm very excited about what the Thrive appears to offer over the XOOM. However, since this is not the place for that, see you around.
    Good to have you onboard. Look forward to your hands on review of the Thrive.
    epakrat75 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome! Glad to have you on thrive forums.
    epakrat75 likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    75 times
    Welcome aboard! I, too, was on that forum, even after I returned my Xoom (for a while.) I bought an iPad 2, as I needed some apps THEN for work. But, I think HC has grown up enough, and has enough apps now, that I can let my wife have the iPad, and I will get the Thrive.

Anyway, glad to have you here...I would be curious to hear about your thoughts on the Xoom (still have it? how is the latest update? rooted?) etc etc

Thrive Tech
    Member #
    Liked
    404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTurner View Post
    Anyway, glad to have you here...I would be curious to hear about your thoughts on the Xoom (still have it? how is the latest update? rooted?) etc etc
    Thanks. No, I don't have it anymore. Had it for 90+ days though. I got the 3.1 update the week after it was made available. I didn't root and didn't want to. I don't expect to root the Thrive either. I expect to have even fewer (compelling) reasons to do so than I did before with the XOOM. I did root my phone though (even flashed several roms before settling this one I use now).

The 3.1 update was major IMO. A couple days before I sold, the Movies Tab appeared in my Market and I finally had the "Videos" app in my app drawer. I tried that out, being able to rent / watch movies offline was nice. I look forward to everything 3.1 offered before plus being able to use my external storage without rooting. The 3.1 update was initially only available to US owners which irritated non-us folks. Now it's beginning to show up for non-us devices with a major difference though. It also includes an SD enabling update. The US models are left waiting while Google takes it's time.

One of the reasons I bought the XOOM was I thought it would get important updates like this sooner. Seeing things play out like this only makes me more happy I made the decision to switch to a device that such functionality out of the box. Who knows if the XOOM will ever get SDXC support. I no longer have to wonder since the Thrive will include it out of the box. I also don't have any expectations of updates from Toshiba (yet) like I did with the XOOM. It should be a complete product.
    Last edited by epakrat75; 06-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Twitter
    Droid_Xer
    Hey man welcome over. Lets hope this keeps ya happy!
    epakrat75 likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    228 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Good to see you made it over epakrat! Glad to have ya.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Hello ummm again
    epakrat75 likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads