• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By panda

Thread: New member here! JacobCB

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New member here! JacobCB

Hi I'm Jacob and I'm completely new here

I made this account in order to ask any questions about my toshiba thrive.

I recently bought my Toshiba Thrive at a pawn shop while looking for a new tablet because my other one was out of date and slow. I saw it there in the window and just absolutely had to have it, it was a bit used but the overall quality was perfect.

So I got home and powered up my "Newish" Thrive for my first time and was excited to try out some new apps on it, so, I went to the play store and tried to download an app... only it wasnt compatible the app I wanted was clash of clans and it wouldn't play Unless I had Android Build 4.0 or Higher, my Thrive only has 3.1.
    It wasnt until after I rooted my tablet and tried to change the way it was seen on the store to a Nexus S as I saw in one of the forums that I realized this so i decided it was time for an account and well now here I am and I need help with making my Thrive be able to run apps that require a higher build version that 3.1
    Please Help me and thank you very much if you've stuck though this longish story as I really do Love this beauty of a tablet and really would like to keep it in my possesion and still be able to use it for what I had in mind running the apps I want even if they require more than this tablet came with.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    452 times
    Hi Jacob, welcome aboard! Toshiba has an upgrade for ICS 4.0.4, but a lot of us don't recommend it. It's buggy, slow, and prone to crashes and freezes. A better solution is to use our user dalepl's version. He took Toshiba's ICS and made it a lot more stable, removing none of the preinstalled apps. But first, you'll need to use his Easy Flash tool. It's not a matter of rooting your Thrive, but

[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool

After running that tool, you should be able to install his version of ICS.

[ROM] DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)

You can also check out Pio_Masaki's Jelly Bean ROMs, based on CM10, which visually are really smooth and have Android 4.1's additional features (like the three horizontal lines to clear all alerts).

pio_masaki
    JiveTurkee and rosalie like this.
    Usurper of wife's Thrive 10, now sporting dalepl's much-improved version of Toshiba's ICS 4.0.4.
    Nexus 7 owner, eternal Commodore enthusiast, and hobbyist of making old tech do the unexpected.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Welcome to Thrive Forums, JacobCB We're pleased that you found us.
    You got a great tablet in the Thrive. You're going to love it, especially after you update it to dalepl's version of ICS, as panda suggested. I've been using it for a long time, and it's very smooth and responsive. And as was mentioned, you have even more options with pio_masaki's ROMs
    Enjoy!
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki
    They covered it, so I'll just add my welcome here.

Welcome!
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome Aboard!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Welcome!
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife
    Welcome aboard Jacob!

Remove Ads

Ads