• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By iceman61265

Thread: newbie sort of lol

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

newbie sort of lol

well i joined awhile ago but have been busy reading and trying a few things. i bought my thrive 10 when it was new to the local best buy and have been using it very regularly with no real problems excepet a few times when things bogged down badly. so i would reset to factory and go at it again loading all apps. didnt really have issues except tired of the bloat-ware and wanted to make things run faster. i recently used Thrive ics 4.0.4 root tool with no issues. loaded superuser v3.1.3 and es file explorer v 3.0.9.1 i have finally removed most of my bloat-ware but im not sure if there are more things i can remove and not effect functionality. i havent loaded any roms yet and i have used tybar's gui tool and made i copy of my current boot img. what else should i do. LOL.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Nice that you've joined us. :thumbup:

Since you've got CWM installed as part of the rooting, do a complete backup to your removable SD card and put it somewhere safe (a 4G card advised). It may well save your butt someday....
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Welcome to Thrive Forums, iceman61265 Congrats on rooting! Enjoy
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    928 times
    Twitter
    ThriveForums
    Welcome aboard!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danvee View Post
    Nice that you've joined us. :thumbup:

Since you've got CWM installed as part of the rooting, do a complete backup to your removable SD card and put it somewhere safe (a 4G card advised). It may well save your butt someday....
    I have already saved a copy to media fire, and on laptop and on sd card so yeah i have that covered lol.
    rosalie likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife
    Welcome to the forum!

Remove Ads

Ads