• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hello, how do I connect thrie to my TV and watch Xfinity? or other content

THe Thrive had not been updated in a long time. It was so out of date the Ap store would not load. When I installed apps thru the browser it showed installed but could not see them on the tablet. SO I looked fo rupdates and there were a ton of them. I am now on ICS (sigh). I am a xfinity customer, I installed the xfinity app, I can watch content on the Thrive but when I connect the thrive to a TV via HDMI, I get a message about a secondary monitor and it asks me to remove it and shouts done the programming. I assume this is a DRM ssue, ridiculous since I pay for the content. So how to I get the Thrive viewable on my TV via HDMI for all desired content?

2. Ads

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Re: Hello, how do I connect thrie to my TV and watch Xfinity? or other content

Quote Originally Posted by atcdav View Post
    THe Thrive had not been updated in a long time. It was so out of date the Ap store would not load. When I installed apps thru the browser it showed installed but could not see them on the tablet. SO I looked fo rupdates and there were a ton of them. I am now on ICS (sigh). I am a xfinity customer, I installed the xfinity app, I can watch content on the Thrive but when I connect the thrive to a TV via HDMI, I get a message about a secondary monitor and it asks me to remove it and shouts done the programming. I assume this is a DRM ssue, ridiculous since I pay for the content. So how to I get the Thrive viewable on my TV via HDMI for all desired content?
    That's a per app issue, you'll have to take it up with them unless someone figured out a workaround. You could also try removing updates or finding a version before they added that stupid block.

Ill never understand how blocking a device option prevents piracy, imo they have no right to limit hardware functionality and refuse to even look at apps that do. there's much easier and better ways to get content then streaming their app and hooking hdmi up to something to record it, they need to get over themselves.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for replying so quickly. So 2 questions. Will rooting not resolve this issue? and secondly how do I uninstall ICS and rollback to previous updates. I did 3-4 major updates in same day

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1904 times
    Twitter
    piomasaki

Re: Hello, how do I connect thrie to my TV and watch Xfinity? or other content

Quote Originally Posted by atcdav View Post
    Thank you for replying so quickly. So 2 questions. Will rooting not resolve this issue? and secondly how do I uninstall ICS and rollback to previous updates. I did 3-4 major updates in same day
    Rooting likely won't help with an app imposed limitation.

You don't need to uninstall ICS, I was referring to the app updates, not the system updates, sometimes going to settings>apps and selecting the app allows updates to be uninstalled.

To remove ICS you'll need to PM dalepl or myself.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA
    JB/ICS OC Kernels | My ROMs section | TWRP Recovery for Thrive
    CM10 General Thread | Jelly Bean Guide
    Donations, always appreciated!
    Need a rollback or reflash? Just send a PM!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I see, unfortunately, this was my first time using the app on the Thrive so I do not know if it would have previously worked. Funny though I can connect my windows laptop to TV via HDMI and log into xfinity and watch content on TV without issues. Seems the mobile apps have different rules than PCs

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem, when you could actually use the app to watch TV, you could not use HDMI. I am rooted, and there is not a version older that lets you watch and down load shows. I did not find a work around, one of the caveats of hdmi.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    My Xfinity player app (older version) works with HDMI out. I only tried it for about 3 minutes but no problem during that time. When I installed the latest update (Dec. 12, 2012) on all my devices, none of them would even play (the other devices are Jellybean but update didn't work on ICS either). At least try it. Uninstall the your current version first (unless it is the same 1.0.4.002 version as I'm offering). If there's a problem with my drop box link, let me know. I am rooted but running dalepl stock. If anything, root would prevent me from streaming if it were a drm issue. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. My Thrive is just so dependable, I only check in here about once a week now.

It is true that some videos are permitted to stream on the PC but not on devices such as phones, tablets, and game stations.
    Last edited by rhea; 02-21-2013 at 04:43 PM.
    the ORIGINAL thrive running dalepl ICS
    Google Galaxy Nexus rooted stock--oops, cracked screen but running 4.2.2
    Google Nexus 7 rooted, stock 4.2.2
    Google Nexus 4 rooted, stock 4.2.2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

old xfinity app

Quote Originally Posted by rhea View Post
    My Xfinity player app (older version) works with HDMI out. I only tried it for about 3 minutes but no problem during that time. When I installed the latest update (Dec. 12, 2012) on all my devices, none of them would even play (the other devices are Jellybean but update didn't work on ICS either). At least try it. Uninstall the your current version first (unless it is the same 1.0.4.002 version as I'm offering). If there's a problem with my drop box link, let me know. I am rooted but running dalepl stock. If anything, root would prevent me from streaming if it were a drm issue. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. My Thrive is just so dependable, I only check in here about once a week now.

It is true that some videos are permitted to stream on the PC but not on devices such as phones, tablets, and game stations.
    hi Rhea! do you still have that old xfinity apk file? if so, could you share it with me? you would be my hero! i just rooted finally yesterday and put cm10-generous_gazelle on my thrive. i installed the latest xfinity tv go app, and it does not work. all the content previews come up, but when i click on something, it will try to come up and then immediately exits.

i think using your old app is my best bet. if you could the xfinity 1.0.4.002 apk in dropbox or somewhere else, that would be great! i would be forever in your debt!

thanks in advance!
    jerry

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    110 times
    Twitter
    SteveJax

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dongstadden View Post
    hi Rhea! do you still have that old xfinity apk file? if so, could you share it with me? you would be my hero! i just rooted finally yesterday and put cm10-generous_gazelle on my thrive. i installed the latest xfinity tv go app, and it does not work. all the content previews come up, but when i click on something, it will try to come up and then immediately exits.

i think using your old app is my best bet. if you could the xfinity 1.0.4.002 apk in dropbox or somewhere else, that would be great! i would be forever in your debt!

thanks in advance!
    jerry
    Comcast's Xfinity app is being replaced by their new Xfinity TV app anyway and it's not compatible with the Thrive.
    Tablet: Toshiba Thrive AT100 10.1 32gb
    ROM: DaleNet Deodexed ICS ROM
    Firmware: 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.39.4-g2388484 android-toshiba@tesibuild7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 23 11:22:12 IST 2012
    Build Number: IMM76D.01.00072314

Remove Ads

Ads