• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [WARNING] ICS Update

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok I wil try that. Thank you.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Please let us know how it works out..
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Missing Fastboot and Recovery

After installing the latest ROM, I wanted to go in and set it up, then create a Nandroid backup, but it doesnt seem to allow me to boot into recovery mode using adb, nor can I get it to boot into bootloader mode. Am I missing something or are we not able to create backup with the current ROM as is?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Keyboard discussion moved here.

[Edited by mcarver2000 to fix link]
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

garbage.

i am so upset now because the stupid update ruined my tablet. now im looking to sell it and buy a different one. Unbelievable! Is there any way to downgrade to 3.2? because the Thrive is not meant for 4.0 ICS. IT IS SO GLITCHY NOW I JUST WANT TO SNAP IT OVER MY KNEE. DO NOT UPDATE. You will regret it.

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by conjugation View Post
    i am so upset now because the stupid update ruined my tablet. now im looking to sell it and buy a different one. Unbelievable! Is there any way to downgrade to 3.2? because the Thrive is not meant for 4.0 ICS. IT IS SO GLITCHY NOW I JUST WANT TO SNAP IT OVER MY KNEE. DO NOT UPDATE. You will regret it.
    Understand ur frustration....many of us are working thru the changes. I still am.

But it would be helpful if u described what the glitches are or what its doing. Maybe there's a fix already on here or maybe others r having same issue & a new solution would help them, too.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Please help us help you and tell us what you are experiencing. To be truthful the THRiVE was meant to have ITS and Toshiba built it that way. While I know that Toshiba beta tested this update, it was a small set of testers outside of Toshiba. When we went through the various HC updates,b there are several things that affected some users that didn't show up during beta tests. To Toshiba's credit they listened and have us several fixes until we all received a solid performing HC. If there are issues with this ICS, I feel confident they will fix it. Report your problems to Toshiba's official THRiVE forum so they will be aware of them. http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/THRiVE-...rd_tablet_disc

In the meantime, let us help you by giving us a list of the glitches.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    I guess I am a lucky dude then. I had a minor glitch in setup after the download but I got ICS after it was all said and done. It was a little glitchy after the first full start, l did updates and then restarted the tablet, it had been very smooth and without issues since that last boot.

Update.
    This was my initial reaction to the update. Since this post I have had a few issues that were not present on HC, if your Thrive works well and you want it to continue working that way, hold off on the ICS update it is not stable for many of us.

Sent from my D90W using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    79 times
    OK, let me get this straight.
    Join Thrive Forums.
    Talk down the Thrive and ICS.
    Only post three posts.
    Never show back up.

. . . . .. . . .. .. .. . Analyzing with "Thrivecorder". . . ... . .. .. . .. . . .. . . . .

Results: TROLL
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________
    Peace,
    Dave

Toshiba Thrive 10.1"
    Android 4.0.4 Dalepl rooted ROM
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Huawei S7-104 BB
    Joe Nilan's FroyoFusion
    CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane
    SOC Rooted

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, I updated to OTA ICS after seriously thinking about rooting. My OTA update worked fine and I'm super pleased. I didn't understand the 3g internal SD memory limit until someone explained it to me in another thread. I'm happy to have a Thrive.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads