• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [WARNING] ICS Update

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    922 times
    Can you write to it with the stock Toshiba File Manager? If not, then it is an issue with the card. It needs to be formatted in FAT32 or exFAT. If it's a micro card, the 10" THRiVE is very picky and it will be an issue of trying a different adaptor. If it's a full size card and you can't write to it with the stock File Manager try formatting it again, a full format, not a quick format. If the issue is with 3rd party apps, then yes, dalepl's ROMs have fixed for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronsch View Post
    Actually, I meant using the SD card at all. I have a SanDisk Extreme 16GB class 10 card that it won't write to at all.
    Found my signature file, but it appears to be empty...

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    New user here. I just got a New Toshiba Thrive and it already has the ICS. I sent Dale or Dape.. who ever it was.. a PM on my situation.. How longs he take on responding? I am sure he is busy all the time.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times

Re: [WARNING] ICS Update

It might take some time.
    He's got quite a line of people who require his services, so patience will be the key....:thumbup:
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi
    I,m new to this forum, can anyone tell me if it is posible to root my at100 now that it is on ics?
    tfmspm likes this.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times

Quote Originally Posted by sosmn6 View Post
    Hi
    I,m new to this forum, can anyone tell me if it is posible to root my at100 now that it is on ics?
    No, its not. You have to rollback to HC which is only possible by messaging dalepl which will take some time as he is helping a lot of ppl to rollback to hc.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I know that i am new here and have no rep at all, but i just have a question in regards to this roll back. please dont take this the wrong way, i have mad respect for dev's and their work.

but how come we have to PM the god of ICS rollbacks in order to roll back? Is it a "I dont want the exploit publicly released so toshiba can patch it" type thing or something else? Just curious :-)

Thanks to the dev's and all their hard work, you guys make life so much more livable.
    Last edited by danvee; 12-08-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times

As has been discussed before, the software, if used incorrectly, can permanently hose the tablet, so he needs to control the software and the process.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times

While the software can be dangerous, there is already software out there that can brick the Thrive if used incorrectly, ROM managers that let you format the internal card come to mind. This software may be more dangerous, and that's reason enough, but I suspect there are some legalities involved too since the software is not for public release.

Cheers, Dave
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I looked through the forum as much as I could but 15 pages is a lot to go through haha.

DoubleDAZ, than you as well. All completely understandable.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Like some others I'm new here but been browsing for a while. Tired of this tablet AT100 freezing and not giving the wife the control without freezing. Think it may have been hacked a while back so I had reset it and pw protected most everything and the dang thing just freezes while using the internet browser but oddly enough works fairly well when she's watching YouTube. Unfortunately this is at the most current release ics, Andriod version 4.0.4 kv:2.6.39.4-g2388484 build IMM76D.01.000072314. My question, is there any hope of rooting this thing or am I best just tossing it against the wall and making myself feel much better? I work in an IT environment, mostly MS but comfortable with Unix and Linux...and I'm about to the point where bricking doesn't even bother me.

As for that...it seems as though there would be some sort of legal issues over Toshiba NOT giving the user full control of their device, can't believe they haven't been attacked on this front.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads