• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New owner in Southern California, need advice

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

New owner in Southern California, need advice

I have been using computers for many years. I have HP laptops, a Kindle Fire and my newly acquired Toshiba Thrive. I bought a refurbished unit to save money. My reason for purchasing a tablet was to store my music (sheet music) files. The class I am enrolled in posts all our new songs in PDF format. I need to download the PDF file and put it into 1 of 4 folders.

When I first got the tablet I was able to do this using the Thrive's built in file manager. It was fairly simple (select, cut & paste). Then I figured out how to update to Android ICS. Now the file manager looks and seems to function differently. I can't figure out how to move a file out of the download folder into my music folders.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to move these files?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Zen

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi Zen, and welcome to Thrive Forums! Yes, the file manager does look different now.

Long press to file you wish to move. A checkmark will appear within a red square .

Then either select the 'scissors icon', or the 'two files' icon, at the top right of the screen. The scissors icon will 'cut' and remove the file from it's current location (and hold it until you paste it where you want it.) The two files icon will copy the original file, for pasting elsewhere, but leave a copy of it in the original location.

Navigate to the destination folder (your music folder) and tap the first icon, the 'clipboard' That's it. :-)
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    1960 times
    Welcome to the family.
    My Development
    Easy Flash Tool (DOS) | Root/Unroot Tool (Linux)
    DaleNet ROMs Section - Fully Stock Roms and Rooted Stock ROMs for many different regions.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for your prompt reply. This seems to work well for a single file but I can't select more than 1 file at a time. So now I am using a combination of two different file managers to do what I used to be able to do with the Toshiba file manager. Again, thanks for your help.

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    Greetings Zen and welcome to the Thrive Family.
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "In Memory of my wife Donna"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Thanks for your prompt reply. This seems to work well for a single file but I can't select more than 1 file at a time. So now I am using a combination of two different file managers to do what I used to be able to do with the Toshiba file manager. Again, thanks for your help.
    When you long-press on a file, you can then click the checkmark for the other files you want to manage. If you look up in the left corner where it tells you the number of selected files, you can select the little arrow to find the "select all" option.
    rosalie likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    Once you long press the first file, and have the checkmark/red outline on it, you can then just tap each additional file that you want to select, then copy/cut/move them as you wish.
    DWolves likes this.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Pursuant
    Member #
    Liked
    371 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Once you long press the first file, and have the checkmark/red outline on it, you can then just tap each additional file that you want to select, then copy/cut/move them as you wish.
    Nice work in helping OP from SoCal!
    Dennis
    Dennis

DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4)
    "In Memory of my wife Donna"

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DWolves View Post
    Nice work in helping OP from SoCal!
    Dennis
    Thanks, Dennis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads