• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to root after updating to ICS?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, new here so hey to all. I had my Thrive rooted on Honeycomb and made the mistake of moving to ICS after unrooting thinking I'd just root it again. Now of course, there seems to be no way to root it but is there any way to revert to Honeycomb. I actually don't need to root it for the apps I use, I just hate Kaspersky and if I could just elevate my privileges and delete the app I'd be fine with that.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Not possible without rooting-which you can't.

Your only choice is to PM dalepl and ask him to roll you back to HC.
    Then you can root that, and flash his rooted ICS.
    This will be a destructive process, returning you you out-of-box condition.
    All documents, media, etc that you've put on it will be lost, so back up first.
    Apps can be re-downloaded.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Hi, KevH. Welcome to Thrive Forums The only thing you can do is pm dalepl and he may be able to help you roll back to Honeycomb. Then you can either leave it that way, or root and flash/install a Honeycomb or ICS rooted ROM. Please be patient because Paul has a lot of people needing his help.
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    beat to it by quick draw danvee again
    Thriving with dalepl's silky-smooth DaleNet IMM76D.01.000072314 Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4) and Pio_Masaki's Melchior v 2.4 kernel

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I browse a bit but have never registered until now. This is a great resource for the thrive, but let me step forward and say "I too have stepped into the ICS OTA black hole" and cannot get out. I would be grateful for some guidance/help in climbing out and stepping back to Honeycomb.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Longcaster View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I browse a bit but have never registered until now. This is a great resource for the thrive, but let me step forward and say "I too have stepped into the ICS OTA black hole" and cannot get out. I would be grateful for some guidance/help in climbing out and stepping back to Honeycomb.
    See above responses to same issue.

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferson9 View Post
    I've done some searching and can't figure out if there's a way to root my thrive after updating to the ICS update.

If not is there anyway I can flash custom ROMs?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Hi, new here so hey to all. I had my Thrive rooted on Honeycomb and made the mistake of moving to ICS after unrooting thinking I'd just root it again. Now of course, there seems to be no way to root it but is there any way to revert to Honeycomb. I actually don't need to root it for the apps I use, I just hate Kaspersky and if I could just elevate my privileges and delete the app I'd be fine with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longcaster View Post
    To the Mods: Based on what seems to be a recurring issue for new members, would it not be a good idea to post a locked sticky in the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance Forum with a single post containing this link to dalepl's Warning thread??

[WARNING] ICS Update
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (JB 4.1.2)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung Galaxy S4, (KitKat 4.4.2)
    LG Spectrum 2 (JB 4.1.2), Inactivated
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Gifted (JB 4.1.2, rooted)
    THRiVE 10.1, Gifted (IMM76D.01.000072314 Deodexed Stock Rooted ROM (US ICS 4.0.4))

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick responses, tmjohnsonfse I took your advice and sent one off.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    895 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    To the Mods: Based on what seems to be a recurring issue for new members, would it not be a good idea to post a locked sticky in the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance Forum with a single post containing this link to dalepl's Warning thread??

[WARNING] ICS Update
    Thanks for the suggestion. I went to do it, but it was actually already there

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times

Re: How to root after updating to ICS?

Quote Originally Posted by rosalie View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I went to do it, but it was actually already there
    And that is the dilemma we face, how to get folks to read the warnings here BEFORE they open their Thrives and do the Service Station updates.
    t1nk likes this.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads