• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Dan, I didn't ask "why root?" because I know I want to and am going to; I know that I will be able to do more with the tablet "rooted" than stock. I may not want to do that real quick just in case some warranty issue raises it's head. In the short term, I will be exploring my tablet before attempting anything major. I have some accessories on the way like extra battery and SD card. Probably need more than one of those.

The Thrive came today and I checked the tablet; it is not one with the "eng" ROMs. It is an older unit with Android 3.1 and build HMJ37.01.5.0018.

The one thing I am having is that it goes to sleep too quick to suit me. I guess there's a setting somewhere that I need to "adjust".

Ed

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Glad that you got it!
    Settings/screen/timeout will get you what you need.
    Try to update through Service Station to the latest 0003 build if you can.
    The build that you've got was a problem a long time ago with units gotten through WOOT! . So long ago in fact that I'd forgotten all about it. Toshiba was to have fixed the issue, but.....
    If you can't update through Service Station take a look here, and see if you want to go through the process:

WOOT Purchases
    sent from my modded Thrive using Tapatalk 2
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dan,

Re. Titanium Backup Pro.
    Looks like the app store wants about $6 for it now. But I think it is still worth it. I'll pick up the key for it shortly.

I've been messing with it ever since the box showed up. Still learning my way around it.

I'll be in touch with Dale about ROMs when I get through reading his forum space.

In the meantime, please feel free to offer advise on what you think I need to do first or next (I did do an update through the Toshiba Service Station. To HMJ37.01.5.0032)

Ed

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    There should be further updates. We're at .0003.

sent from my modded Thrive using Tapatalk 2
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep, you are right. I guess I go through the same procedure until I get to the current release. Patience, must have patience...

Ed

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Yep, do that. There were a few bugs that got cured along the way, including the "sleep of death"......
    ~Dan

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am now at the current release. That took several updates to get there, another 4 maybe 5, I wasn't really counting. I have found out that I don't have any Toshiba warranty on this unit it appears. At least the registration app said I could not register it online, and I would have to call an 800 number for assistance. I did buy a squaretrade warranty to cover it.

Anyway, the

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Good, Ed.
    Now you're up to date, and have all of the "fixes"
    Even if it's a refurb, you should have a 90 day warranty, so long as it's a factory refurb.
    If it's a 3rd party refurb, the warrranty is with them initially. Your SquareTrade will kick in afterwards (unless it's something not covered by the original).
    Have Fun!
    ~Dan

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TLARbb View Post
    I am now at the current release. That took several updates to get there, another 4 maybe 5, I wasn't really counting. I have found out that I don't have any Toshiba warranty on this unit it appears. At least the registration app said I could not register it online, and I would have to call an 800 number for assistance. I did buy a squaretrade warranty to cover it.
    I seem to remember someone saying they had to add an "R" to the Product Version or something, I believe others have called. Some 3rd-party warranties require you to use Toshiba if still within the 90-day or 1-year period. Refurbs have a 90-day warranty.
    Cheers, Dave

ICS Rooted (IMM76D.01.000072314)

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I have a refurbed one, but that's fine with me. It is working perfectly as far as I can tell. I'll be testing some productivity type software in the next few days to find some that fit with my needs. I would like to thank you all for the advice and help you've given me so far. I'll be back in here again for more I'm sure.

Ed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads