• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Hello, hoping to find some help - warranty problem

I have a Toshiba Thrive 10" Tablet (my first, sure is better then my old POS laptop)

recently It will turn on/vibrate - all indicator lights come on, but screen stays black, and no starburst or whatever that is called happens nor does the lock screen come up - or anything for that matter

It was bought brand new & is still under the 1 year warranty, but I have been searching high & low on how to make a claim for warranty repair and it's been nothing but dead ends

contact info for Toshiba doesn't seem to exist

i called the 1-800-457-7777 and after going around in cricles, repeating the same prompts, it dropped my call (wtf??)

also, when I orginally called "Tech Support" for info on how to send it in, they wanted to charge me $25 just for taking the phone call???

Please help

HOW DOES ONE GET A HOLD OF TOSHIBA TO GET A WARRANTY REPAIR????

thanks

p.s. I am not tech savvy in the slightest, so a DIY reapair is not an option

2. Ads

Thrive Conveyor
    Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Twitter
    techdigital
    Try removing both batteries and press power 11 times on the 11th time hold it 10 secs then replace the batteries and try

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just sent one of mine in. Use the 800 457 7777 number. Choose 1 for tech support, 3 for tablets. Talk to a service rep. If they want you to send it in, they will email you a repair authorization. You fill in the info on your problem then you choose "prepaid shipping" or "own shipping". The $25 is for the prepaid shipping. They will ship you a box (fedex 2 day), you put the tablet in the box with a copy of your repair auth document, put the supplied return label on the box, and call fedex for pickup. I went with the $25 option for the convenience and shipping damage guarantee; probably it would have cost more than that for me to ship the box in my own packing.

Before anything else, try a factory reset (warning: this will set the unit back to factory settings and DELETE ALL YOUR APPS AND DATA). You can find instructions here on how to do that. Toshiba will probably want to walk you through that when you're on the phone anyways.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife
    Hello and welcome! Hopefully you have been able to make contact...

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, here I go, showing my ignorance... I am familiar with one battery in the Thrive, didn't know there were two. Where is the 2nd battery?

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post
    Try removing both batteries and press power 11 times on the 11th time hold it 10 secs then replace the batteries and try

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    Near the main big battery you'll find a small, disc-shaped (generally blue) battery.
    See this site for images.....Cracking Open the Toshiba Thrive: Removing the internal cover screws | 19 of 79
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
    I just sent one of mine in. Use the 800 457 7777 number. Choose 1 for tech support, 3 for tablets. Talk to a service rep. If they want you to send it in, they will email you a repair authorization. You fill in the info on your problem then you choose "prepaid shipping" or "own shipping". The $25 is for the prepaid shipping. They will ship you a box (fedex 2 day), you put the tablet in the box with a copy of your repair auth document, put the supplied return label on the box, and call fedex for pickup. I went with the $25 option for the convenience and shipping damage guarantee; probably it would have cost more than that for me to ship the box in my own packing.
    Got mine back. They installed a new mainboard and it seems to be working correctly now. My only problem with the servicing was trouble getting the web site to accept my billing address for my credit card (since my billing address is in Canada and my mailing address in USA).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1983 times
    We haven't seen anything of the OP since 6/27.
    I hope that they got it sorted.
    ~Dan

Running DaleNet Rooted ICS v4.0.4 and Turbo Prop mod

No affiliation with Toshiba whatsoever- other than as a satisfied Thrive owner.

Remove Ads

Ads