• Login:

Welcome to the Toshiba Thrive Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: excuse me :D

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    Same here. Steve must love keeping us in suspense.

2. Ads

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xm41907 View Post
    Same here. Steve must love keeping us in suspense.
    sweet sweet suspense.. I hate it.
    Waiting ever so eagerly to dual boot my Thrive, but will settle for a 3.2.1 OC kernel : ) .... that's why I support both Dale and Steve; You should as well... donate what you can to thank them for making this amazing device all the more mind blowing

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Twitter
    deviantPulsar
    Quote Originally Posted by Connartizt View Post
    been checking back everyday!!.........................still waiiitiiiing, lol!
    I have been doing the same thing. dj_steve you are KILLING US! We all thank you for your hard work and awesome skills but can you please give us some kind of a time window?

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I have been doing the same thing. dj_steve you are KILLING US! We all thank you for your hard work and awesome skills but can you please give us some kind of a time window?
    Devs almost never give ETAs. Most likely because then people will freak out if they miss the imaginary deadline. I like updates or even just a "hello guys" more than ETAs personally. As long as I know he's working, I'm happy.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Guys begging....and bugging is not going to make him happy...or feel the need to rush it. He will put it out there when he feels it is at a stage he can send it out for people to use...

Just sit back and let him work and I am sure it will be worth the wait....

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, it will surely be worth the wait, but that doesn't do anything to quell my impatience in the interim...LOL

DJ Steve, you are awesome!

Thrive Operative
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Guys, also remember to give the developer a little support.

Many of us, included myself, download free stuff posted on the forums and don't realize the amount of time and skill needed to create those.

Looking forward for your new developments DJ_Steve.

Thanks.

Thrive Lurker
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree andy. I've been watching this thread closely. We can all give something, anything. Check out his twitter feed, we can help him out!
    iandyT likes this.

Thrive Informant
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iandyT View Post
    Guys, also remember to give the developer a little support.

Many of us, included myself, download free stuff posted on the forums and don't realize the amount of time and skill needed to create those.

Looking forward for your new developments DJ_Steve.

Thanks.
    I'll second that. I Always knew development was hard but figured I'd give a crack at it too. Of course, I chose to start with kernels and have had no luck.

I can compile them without error, but have had no luck in getting one to boot. Not about to give up though, since it's probably something very stupid that I am
    missing. All I can say about the timetable on this is that while we all would love to have a date to look forward to, I understand completely why dates are rarely given.

You just don't know how long it'll take to kill the last major bug preventing you from releasing your beta. It could appear simple and turn out very complex, or look
    very complex and turn out very simple but have you looking in the wrong places. I will patiently wait it out (what else do I have to look forward to besides work).
    On the other hand, I can promise that one way or another, we will see ICS from one of the developers well before we see any other official updates from Toshiba.
    iandyT likes this.
    ----- If it's not modded, it must not be mine -----
    HTC Hero CDMA / CM7
    HTC Hero CDMA / NFX Stock (Modified)
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus / BlackICE #39
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / Rooted OOM
    Toshiba Thrive 16G / HoneyBaked 1.3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 / Rooted

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    I don't use it.
    Well stated Mox. I'm sure it's a double-edged sword for developers. You'd like to give a timeframe, but there's just now way to predict when you'll get things working to your satisfaction. Yet, you don't want to leave people in the dark.

I'm glad Steve spoke up and let us know he's progressing and hope he continues with that. It's the random comment every few weeks that leaves people overly anxious. Not that I'm complaining, just trying to point out why there are so many "anxious" comments.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads